• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker U23vn - Baby Delta R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Manker U23vn - Baby Delta R

• $120 SST40 6500K = DriverVNX3 = Large Hot Spot & Corona = 2000L, 100Kcd, 632m
  • $150 White2 6500K = DriverVNX3 = Define Hot Spot & Minimal Corona = 1200L, 200Kcd, 894m
  • Shallow Reflector = Large Hot Spot = Wide Spill Beam
  • Both Version = Excellent Beam
  • Protected 5000mAh 26650 Included!
  • Built in USB Charging

Last edited:
Wow! Can't wait to hear what else you have to say about this light! I love it! Recommend over Lumintop SD26vn Oslon?

Seems great for a certain use purpose (that I can't readily identify for myself yet) with that beam pattern/size. There aren't too many VN offerings with similar dimensions using single LEDs either. Good jacket carry size at 46mm head.

Although when I initially clicked this thread link, I can't say I wasn't hoping for a u22vn throw-killer replacement despite a having a smaller head haha. It's a little comforting though, since it's a different category of light and I just bought my first Daddy Delta lol.

EDIT: Could this be modded with 3xOslon LEDs as a 26650 version of the Sofirn high output oslon thrower in your store??? I say this because I would doubt too many would be interested in the 1xOslon in this size range since the throw is minimal compared to 48-50mm head lights using oslon in your store.

Surely the 26550 would give enough oomph to the 3xOslon LEDs.

Even if it were ~$225 it would make this light fill a niche that as far as I know, isn't being covered. Not sure where you'd get a triple reflector to fit though. Figured you had connections / resources haha.

Apologies if this is way off / stupid idea, just throwing it out there :)

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
SD26vn is the direct competitor to this light. Has more OTF lumen with even more shallow reflector and wider spill beam but the intensity is only 1/2 of the U23vn.
Both are great light. SD26vn is a lighter more compact light. U23vn feels more heavy duty and will heatsink far better.
The Oslon LED on the U23vn is excellent as it is in most light that can take advantage on it. However the SST40 really shines. The very large hot spot and bright wide conrona is very useful.

CatVN has the Lumen of the SST40 and the throw of the Oslon. So right off the bat it seems like a superior light but I wouldst say not quite.
CatVN has quite a bit bigger head but makes it much harder to pocket carry
Hot spot is not as wide as SST40 and corrona is not as bright
If you only care about throw and hot spot size the U23vn Oslon matches it but in a much more compact package.
Cant beat CatVN value though!!

So...After comparing them all they all excel in their own ways. I dont think anyone can go wrong with the U23vn in either version. Quite frankly you might wan to have both as they are kind of two different excellent light! LOL

I see, makes sense! Thanks for that analysis. Now that leads me to the second question, how does this Baby Delta SST40 compare to the CATvn70.2 you made for a customer recently? CatVn70.2 likley puts out 1000 more lumen but much less throw although its a larger light.

Because the beamshot pictures are not the same distance, it's hard to compare the two in output / throw.

Im referring to this picture:

Is it possible to put a 70.2 into the Baby Delta It is with the factory UI.

and then it would be a more compact CATvn70.2? (Almost like a single LED version of the D4Svn with more throw?) Hmm. I have a feelding D4Svn will beat it in every way.

If so, it would be the answer to wimmer's search in The Lounge recent post lol. (And my search as well.)

EDIT: After reviewing the TC20vn spec 1, I suppose it doesn't need a middle ground between the CATvn, it's sufficient as is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wow just 1 left. This light sells great! But everyone is taking the Oslon. I really think the SST40 is worth a consideration too especially for the money. LOL

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
This host seems like a good candidate for 4-7x optics in its head with a huge copper pill behind it contacting the already bulky heatsink manker has around the button, making for a massive heat reservoir.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
U23vn now avaible with White 2 and White1.1

White2 = 1200L, 200Kcd, 894m That's twice Oslon Black with the same Kcd!!!!

Nj8jZgp.jpg

Last edited:
What happens if you put an XHP50.2 in this light? It's pretty much the perfect size for jacket carry, and with the already shallow but wide reflector, the large projected hot spot would pair nicely with a wide focused beam I would imagine.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
What happens if you put an XHP50.2 in this light? It's pretty much the perfect size for jacket carry, and with the already shallow but wide reflector, the large projected hot spot would pair nicely with a wide focused beam I would imagine.

Factory makes it with 50.2. U may also order 50.2 if u want. I can make u anything u want.

I'm confused, last year I asked the question (post #5) and you said it came factory as 70.2, not 50.2. Are these the same thing? Or does Manker actually have both as stock options?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Vinh, I'm curious if you've tested the W1.1 in this light yet. I'm wondering what kind of throw we might expect.