All night work light

Martintooth

Newly Enlightened
Hi,I'm looking for an all night work light. I've tried all kinds of lights. The best thing I seem to like is a couple of Zebralights - one flood and one mixed beam. They just don't last at the high output. A while back, I had the Petzl Ultra. I really like the flood nature of it with multiple LEDs and I liked the belt mounted battery option to get the long run without the weight on the head. It was just so inefficient. I guess something like:-18650 based ideally, definitely rechargeable at least-long run time at 500-1000 lumens - 4 hours ideally -burstable to over 1000 lumens -floody bean, ideally natural like light for working at night-if it needs a monster belt pack, oh well Any thoughts or suggestions?

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
An extra tail cap for a zebralight would let you make a dummy cell with a glans and cable running to a 4x 18650 battery pack, with the batteries in parallel.
Or you could look into 300+$ caving lights.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Are you doing something that actually requires car headlight-output or are you adjusting your eyes to that output and then doing typical arms-length tasks?

Decableguy2000

Newly Enlightened
I know this does meet your requirements, but I really like my Streamlight bandit. Good flood for me, use it on low setting and had no issues working all night. They have the Bandit pro now with longer life. Its very light and doesn't pull my hard hat down in front.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You could try the Wowtac A2S. It is rated at 420 lumens for 4.5 hours but at that level is probably more like 3 hours and comes in neutral white. It also has a turbo mode about 900 lumens actual. It has 5 modes and I find medium adequate about 120 lumens or so and low is not bad at 24 lumens and there is also a firefly mode. The mid level has about 20 hour runtime and is bright enough for a lot of tasks.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Olight H2r in neutral white flavour is my got o work light. Magnetic tail, find medium gets most done at 140 ish lumens. High of 550 ish for 2.5hrs , double tap for 2000+ from the xhp50. You would still need a spare cell, still just swap out and have the other on charge whilst using fresh. I dont bother with the inbuilt charging, too inconvenient(slow and cant use the light on a hard hat).
JDrLIonl.jpg

Find the head band much better than ZL's for holding the lamp, removing/fitting.
Ysjgwr8l.jpg

:welcome:

SCRRCS

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore H33 and H30 are very good. I have 2 and switch off when they overheat. For the money, these are the best on the market, I own zebralights but the UI on nitecore is more user friendly and almost half the price. I use the nitecore headlamps at last 2 hours a day. Another option is the Fenix HP30R you can get longer runtime with 2 different beam types. The problem is, having a battery pack and wire is a pain in the you know what but is an option. I bought the fenix for the longer runtime but rarely use it now cause it's faster and easier to carry the two nitecore headlamps.

My 2 cents

Rob