Cree and Philips chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

James chu

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I'm going to buy a pair of led headlight bulbs for my trucks.
I was just wondering which chip I should choose if they're the same brand and similar price?
Someone said Cree chips are better than Philips chips. Is that true?
Need some advice...
Thanks.

Zak

Enlightened
It's my understanding replacing incandescent headlight bulbs with LED-based light sources without changing any optics tends to work poorly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please take time to read the Stickies in this forum, particularly PLEASE Read This First!, particularly:

• Be mindful that there are a lot of bad ideas and bad products in the vehicle lighting world. All of them are hyped and promoted as great ideas. CPF Rule 11 is particularly important here because of the safety concerns with motor vehicles and their lighting.
    This means (among other things):
    • "HID kits", "LED conversions", and "projector retrofits" aren't safe, effective, or legal. If you have one and it's not working, we're not going to help you fix it. (If you have one and you think it's working, it's not; get it off your vehicle before someone gets hurt) We will not argue this point.
    • Only very few of the "LED bulbs" for non-headlamp/non-foglamp use available on the market work safely and effectively; most of them are unsafe junk. The ones FOR headlamp/foglamp use are ALL unsafe junk. We will not argue this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts