New member here... just purchased AceBeam X80 and addicted!

louieatienza

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself... been a lurker of sorts and quasi-flashlight nerd. Have bought flashlight of different lumen ratings, starting with 500, 800, 1000, and 2000. All were pretty darn good, but always thought there could be something brighter. A quick search on YouTube led me to these crazy high powered flashlights. I broke down when I got a great deal on an AceBeam X80. It's not the GT but for my first super-bright flashlight I'm more than thrilled! I'd put it up against the light bar on my buddy's Jeep it's that bright!

Anyways, I'm a carpenter and cabinetmaker by trade. I'm an avid biker and noob hiker. I do a lot of waking around the neighborhood, and there are some areas that aren't the best-illuminated. I think this X80 will come in very handy!

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy and welcome to CPF. That light packs quite a wallop, and will certainly get you noticed on your walks around the neighborhood.

Have fun : )

louieatienza

Newly Enlightened
Howdy and welcome to CPF. That light packs quite a wallop, and will certainly get you noticed on your walks around the neighborhood.

Have fun : )

Thanks! Already gotten a lot of compliments and gawkers and curious folks. When I put it on high, people freak out. THen I double-click on turbo and they can't believe it. When I double-click again to full-on 25K lumens their jaws drop! For a flashlight with pretty short reflectors, it actually has a pretty impressive throw, though not really a distinct hot spot as it looks more like a huge wash of light. The width of the light is just insane. The red, green, blue, and UV are a nice added bonus.

I also have coming in a BLF-GT70 for long-throw situations, and I'm pretty excited about receiving it.

louieatienza

Newly Enlightened
Did a test tthe other night. Here's my control pic in the back yard, with just the abient light coming from the street light about 100-150 feet away:
20181113_201831_resized by Louie Atienza, on Flickr

800 lumens - more than enough for general use:
20181113_201903_resized by Louie Atienza, on Flickr

5000 lumens - made a couple neighbors take notice!
20181113_201923_resized by Louie Atienza, on Flickr

25000 lumens - the pic somehow does not capture what I saw with my eyes. It's insane to see every blade of grass by the second retaining wall. And within the beam, everything looked pretty uniformly lit.
20181113_201944_resized by Louie Atienza, on Flickr

Not really a controlled test, just the X80 on top of my car hood, using my phone's camera. But, so far, really happy...

SKV89

Enlightened
Welcome. X80 is a bright light but it's also ome of the most floody lights out there which I think is more suitable for lighting large indoor environments. For outdoor uses, a more throwy light that focuses the lumens into a directed beam is more useful. Im sure the X80 will not be yourbonly light once you get into this hobby.

louieatienza

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to the club! Acebeam x80? Go big or go home!

Yes... while single-emitter flashlights seem to be more common and more than bright enough, I had been intrigued by these multiple-emitter flashlights and their potential output. I'd been burned by those crappy flashlights on Amazon that have 19 LEDs and claim 38000 lumens but don't seem to pump out more than my 500 lumen pocket light. I was impressed with the few YouTue videos I saw but it's more amazing in real life.