How do I cheaply power these strip LED's I've picked up?

Frank Sebem

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]So I'm on the car boot this morning and like a kid my eyes are drawn to a stall with loads of flashing LED strip lights around it and it says they are £1 per strip. This has to be the bargain of the century. Surely? So I buy a strip and ask the bloke selling them how I power them. To be fair to him he says "If you don't know mate I wouldn't bother. You need a conversion kit". So, not to be put off I thinks... we'll I'll get a kit. I know some people who'll tell me where to get one from. So I pays my quid. When I gets home I opens the packet and these strip lights are brand new. The label says this:
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Manufacturer: GLOBOLED[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]High Lumen RGB LED strip light[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Voltage: 24v[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Size: 5000mm*10mm[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Colour temp: RGB[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]LED chip: SMD5050[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]IP Rating: IP20[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Beam Angle: 120[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Fixture: 3m tape[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Ra: >75[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Cut every 100mm[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]14.4w[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]The 4 pin power plug at the start of the strip has four wires (from left to right) [/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Blue[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Red (seems thicker)[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Green[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Black[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]So guys... any advice is appreciated please. How do I power these things? Can I join loads of these together? [/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Please bear in mind I am only hobbying at this stage.

Thanks in advance all.
[/FONT]

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
That power supply looks okay for powering the strip. Unfortunately, it was discontinued a year ago.

Also, it has a single output, while your string has three inputs (one each for red, green, and blue). If you want to do anything like flashing, color changing, etc, you'll need a controller for that. Google "RGB strip controller" and you'll find many choices. Many will need a power supply (not necessarily a driver) to power them, though you may find some with integrated power supplies.