What driver for 20mm MTN Triple XP / 219 + 3x XQ-E DTP Copper MCPCB ?

LockedSemaphore

Newly Enlightened
Thinking about using this mcpcb with with xpl hi primaries, and some amber secondaries. Direct link is: http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=890
The mcpcb is in parallel, But trying to ensure a driver that will allow control of primary and secondary as one would expect?
I.e. primary low/med/high, secondary moonlight, low, not quite so low

will the dr jones h17fx work, or?

Thanks,

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only commercial driver that does this that I know of is the CWF Dragon. Else you can modify existing MTN drivers at the firmware level and hardware level to do what you want.

MMD

Enlightened
The only commercial driver that does this that I know of is the CWF Dragon. Else you can modify existing MTN drivers at the firmware level and hardware level to do what you want.

Could anyone shed some light on this? I would like to make a dual color light. How would I modify a driver to run each group of leds independently?

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could anyone shed some light on this? I would like to make a dual color light. How would I modify a driver to run each group of leds independently?
What driver?

Mtn normal FET+1 you would need to cut the trace or isolate the 7135 and FET so FET output goes to white and 7135 output goes to secondary. The you find firmware you like and ensure each mode group only activates one or the other channel.

MMD

Enlightened
What driver?

Mtn normal FET+1 you would need to cut the trace or isolate the 7135 and FET so FET output goes to white and 7135 output goes to secondary. The you find firmware you like and ensure each mode group only activates one or the other channel.

Thank you. That gets me started. I am going to attempt to learn more about drivers so that I can adapt them to my liking. I would like a light that is low secondary, high secondary, low primary, high primary. Or perhaps I could include a switch board to toggle between primary and secondary leds.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CWF Dragon driver does that. They are not cheap, however they are really well made. Charles has a facebook page, and his cwfcustomflashlights website.

I've made several, they work out quite nicely.

5AKLcy.jpg