18650 Samsung 3000mAh INR18650-30Q

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I've done some searching on CPF for some definite answers on batteries and what to run in my x7 marauder. All the stuff I looked at I only found mixed answers and not a real "yes that's a good batter to use" or just which battery is best for the Olight X7, seemed like most people just justifying why the batteries somebody else said weren't the best blah blah. So I was wondering if these were a good choice [h=1]18650 Samsung 3000mAh INR18650-30Q[/h]. Simple yes or no maybe with a little elaboration on why. Or another battery that would be good for this light. Like I said I dug around on a few threads and couldn't find much. Thanks in advance. -blglov

oeL

Newly Enlightened

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Samsung 30Q is probably the best "all 'round" battery to buy. It's quality, high-drain, good capacity, and is fairly cheap. It will do well in just about any light.

Other good cells I use are the Sony VTC6 (slightly higher drain and capacity), and the Sanyo GA (lower drain but higher capacity).

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
It's funny when I first got the tk75 I picked these Panasonic NCR 18650B 3400mAh 4.9A has my batteries and I use them in the TK75 all the time. The TK seems to like them in any mode of brightness.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny when I first got the tk75 I picked these Panasonic NCR 18650B 3400mAh 4.9A has my batteries and I use them in the TK75 all the time. The TK seems to like them in any mode of brightness.

You should be a little careful if you're using an output that drains those cells at more than 4.9A, which is the maximum rated current in their spec sheet. The risk is they could overheat or cause internal damage to themselves, and thus bad things might happen. It's better to use a higher-drain cell that is rated for at least the maximum current of the light.

That said, I've occasionally used lower-drain cells in high-drain lights, and haven't had a problem. But I try not to use max output too much.

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
You should be a little careful if you're using an output that drains those cells at more than 4.9A, which is the maximum rated current in their spec sheet. The risk is they could overheat or cause internal damage to themselves, and thus bad things might happen. It's better to use a higher-drain cell that is rated for at least the maximum current of the light.

That said, I've occasionally used lower-drain cells in high-drain lights, and haven't had a problem. But I try not to use max output too much.

-I try not to run it in turbo for more than 15-30seconds I use that turbo more as a show off mode to people who've never seen a decent quality flashlight. I have some LG-HG2 I use in there as well, so those LG's would he better to run in the tk75 for extended time in turbo mode?

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Got my new batteries in the mail. Got 20 Samsung 30Q batteries and 10 lg-hg2, along with the nitecore superb 4 bay. I love that charger way better than my D4.

apagogeas

Enlightened
Got my new batteries in the mail. Got 20 Samsung 30Q batteries and 10 lg-hg2, along with the nitecore superb 4 bay. I love that charger way better than my D4.

Not sure if this happens nowadays but last year I got two fake LG-HG2 from a local store (not e-bay) which supposedly has original things. If you intend to use these in high drain, I highly advice to check their capacity. Fake ones deliver up to 2.5Ah, originals are close to [email protected].

Last edited:

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if this happens nowadays but last year I got two fake LG-HG2 from a local store (not e-bay) which supposedly has original things. If you intend to use these in high drain, I highly advice to check their capacity. Fake ones deliver up to 2.5Ah, originals are close to [email protected].
is illumination supply reliable on their batteries? No fakes etc? I could weigh it out to the Hundrediths of a gram, I've read of that way to check, I also have older lghg2 I compared with, I was thinking they would stop making so many fakes because of it being an older battery. If I can find the weight I'll weigh them out tonight.

Last edited:

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Illumin Supply offers very good deals.. Orbtronic sells nothing but quality cells. Both are reliable sellers
Okay good. i picked up some 26650's from orbtronic. I thought illumination supply was pretty reputable so that's good to hear.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illumin Supply is about 30mins drive for me. Owner Craig and brah Calvin offer great prices on batteries and chargers. They refuse to sell counterfit batteries. Shop talk, and weekly deals are post on BLF. Tho not sure about CPF..

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Illumin Supply is about 30mins drive for me. Owner Craig and brah Calvin offer great prices on batteries and chargers. They refuse to sell counterfit batteries. Shop talk, and weekly deals are post on BLF. Tho not sure about CPF..
I had ordered batteries around 4 years ago from them. Ended up buying 3 lights and tons of batteries with the nitecore superb4 charger from illumination supply.

Latest posts