Just a wish... Fenix Tk-51 UE or 2019 upgrade

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.. if it is I'd like to please move it, and sorry in advance. Would anybody else love to see the Fenix tk-51 come out again with a UE or 2019 edition or something along those lines? I don't see why they couldn't or wouldn't. Its my oldest light I have yet one of my favorite. It's hard to choose a favorite cause it's like picking a favorite child hah. But I sure wish they would bring this light back with a UE or 2019 edition. It be cool to see it with some XHP-35's in there or something... maybe even four 18650's with two XHP-70's, does anybody know if it's a technical or size or anything that would stop it from happening? It would be a must have for me. Anybody else who loves this light let's start a petition lol!! Jk. But just wishing outloud here and wondering if anybody else feels the same!

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Totally agree but it must of not been a popular light for them to keep investing in it. Id like to see an upgraded version myself as well as the olight sr mini and sr52. More love for 3x 18650!

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Totally agree but it must of not been a popular light for them to keep investing in it. Id like to see an upgraded version myself as well as the olight sr mini and sr52. More love for 3x 18650!
i just ordered another tk51 only found a couple left that aren't ridiculously overpriced on eBay. I got my first one for $55 when Fenix gear shut down. $80 for the second I s relatively expensive I guess, considering it's age. I just love the control factor of the two LEDs, It's perfect. I have the Original SR mini indimitidator, I love the press and hold for turbo then release back to the mode you were in. If that tk51 came out with some UE or 2019 edition with some xhp50's (not sure if it's possible with the size of the emitter in there, don't know about specs and dimensions), or even xhp70s I wouldn't care if it was $250 I'd pick it up. I like to see an upgraded version of SR mini too Jose, if they could fit some xhp50's or xhp70s instead of the XML-U2 I think that's what the SR mini II comes with not 100%. I love the features of both the Tk51 and Sr-mini II, I just wish they would actually "upgrade" it with more lumens. I'm on the lumen chase for the most part, although I just ordered 5 different torches because of the features (throw, flood, mid range) not lumen power, except the Olight X7 marauder I ordered. I got the x7 and not x7r because of the charging method and battery that you basically can't remove. Anybody else HATE not being able to exchange your cells with fresh ones?

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always wanted one and pondered it heavily when I found it on a deep sale but the reviews I read showed it wasn't very well regulated in the higher modes. If they released a 2019 model with a XHP-35HI for the spot light and an XHP70.2 for the flood with a well regulated driver I would be interested.

My grail light though is a TK76 and I would love to see it released with a XHP-35HI and two XHP70.2

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
I always wanted one and pondered it heavily when I found it on a deep sale but the reviews I read showed it wasn't very well regulated in the higher modes. If they released a 2019 model with a XHP-35HI for the spot light and an XHP70.2 for the flood with a well regulated driver I would be interested.

My grail light though is a TK76 and I would love to see it released with a XHP-35HI and two XHP70.2
tacgunner, that tk76 upgraded would be BA light, I think fenix needs to stop waiting so long before coming out with new lights or upgraded versions. I've gone with other brands now because of the features or lumens that fenix doesn't like putting in their lights

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
tacgunner, that tk76 upgraded would be BA light, I think fenix needs to stop waiting so long before coming out with new lights or upgraded versions. I've gone with other brands now because of the features or lumens that fenix doesn't like putting in their lights

I understand what you are saying completely. I have also come to appreciate that Fenix usually don't release a light unless all the bugs have been worked out. A lot of the manufacturers that always jump on the latest and greatest bandwagon are usually also the manufacturers who end up with high rates of issues, at least from what I have seen. Fenix doesn't usually fall too far behind but they also don't push the limits. I guess there are pros and cons to it.

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
I understand what you are saying completely. I have also come to appreciate that Fenix usually don't release a light unless all the bugs have been worked out. A lot of the manufacturers that always jump on the latest and greatest bandwagon are usually also the manufacturers who end up with high rates of issues, at least from what I have seen. Fenix doesn't usually fall too far behind but they also don't push the limits. I guess there are pros and cons to it.
That's true, I guess before you can keep upgrading you have to fix the problem the previous light was having. Which now that you say that id rather get a different brand that's has come out with a new bug free or relatively of bugs, and just wait till the 2019 edition or UE comes out for fenix. That point is a good one.