Z2 Combat Light

dirtynorseman

Newly Enlightened
Been reading lots lately and figured I should finally join this great forum. While going through the junk bin of old equipment at work I came across a Surefire Z2 Combat Light. It was not working but was in mint like new condition. I started checking for a replacement lamp and came across CPF. I found out the light could be converted to LED. Due to everything I read on here I decided to purchase a Malkoff Devices M61L. It seemed to be a good balance between lumen and run time.

The drop in arrived this past weekend and the Z2 is now an awesome torch. I feel like this may be starting me on a dangerous path towards an expensive new hobby. Thanks to all who post here and share your knowledge.

Now to see what can be done with some old Surefire 8X and incandescent Streamlight Strions...

2cr6geb.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Z2's :rock:

HtdOQ61l.jpg

5DaSEe7l.jpg

p60 engines are almost endless, cheaper end(of good) the sportac range, sinlge LED or triple options in various flovours and modes(single or dual mode).
Custom, vinhs p60's, Oveready's to name two makers...............Of course the OE bulb which no doubt would have failed hence not working. These are actually excellent , around 60 or so lumens of warm 100cri illumination.

Cells wise, i run 16650 sanyo's in mine, 2500mah and a lot cheaper to run than cr123 fuel for me here in the UK. 4.2v or 4.35v(unprotected sanyo) are less V than the 2x cr123's 6v's, but its not much to the eye and as good as free after buying.
D7kkvmGl.jpg

Enjoy:welcome:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ven , i was just waiting for your reply :)) OP, ven can give you proper advice about how to use Z2!
And enjoy his pic post🤗

About 8X...i have one also but not much can be done except buying TadCustoms 18650 battery adapter to run X80 a bit brighter and longer. Try to find KT5 turbo head (one danish shop has it) and enjoy even more beautifull beam.

About streamlights can't say anything cause i don't have any :(

Oh yeah, this is how i start this neverending hobby[emoji48]

ven

Flashaholic
Never ending!

H1UTiVRl.jpg

Got to add the mighty 6p
1zuGvi4l.jpg

Must have c2 as well
LTB97gFl.jpg

Little E series although not p60 compatible, modules can be bought
Nvsf60Il.jpg

dirtynorseman

Newly Enlightened
Do the 16650's require modification/boring to the Z2 body? Which rechargeable batteries can be used with no modifications?

ven

Flashaholic
I have a SF incand bulb or 2 in work, now and then i swap out the sportac triple 219b dual mode for it.
fQgHhEel.jpg

mpJvqY3l.jpg

HC7ZsGLl.jpg

8C4NOC5l.jpg