18650 Battery for Fenix PD35 V2.0

muleycountry

Newly Enlightened
Hello, and thank you for welcoming me to the Forum.

I've been using the original, first version of the Fenix PD35 for a few years now. It has been my EDC light used for general purpose, checking out the bump in the night, spotlighting critters around the homestead, and all sorts of miscellaneous tasks. I wanted to upgrade, so I bought the new Fenix PD35 V2.0. I also ordered some Sanyo NCR18650GA batteries from IMR, but it turns out the new Fenix doesn't have a spring on the + end thus not allowing the use of flat top batteries. So, I need to order some new batteries.

I am not extremely learned on batteries and all of their specs, so I'm coming to those with knowledge for guidance. I am currently looking at the Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh button top from liionwholesale. Would this be a wise choice? Or are there better, stronger, longer lasting options out there? I like the reviews I have read on these batteries, but they are a couple years old. (I live in the cold climate of Idaho, if that matters at all.) Thank you all for your assistance.

Link removed. Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

roach1492

Newly Enlightened
Try a Panasonic NCR18650B,that's what i have in all my lights.I use flat tops but they make a button top too.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, and thank you for welcoming me to the Forum.

I've been using the original, first version of the Fenix PD35 for a few years now. It has been my EDC light used for general purpose, checking out the bump in the night, spotlighting critters around the homestead, and all sorts of miscellaneous tasks. I wanted to upgrade, so I bought the new Fenix PD35 V2.0. I also ordered some Sanyo NCR18650GA batteries from IMR, but it turns out the new Fenix doesn't have a spring on the + end thus not allowing the use of flat top batteries. So, I need to order some new batteries.

I am not extremely learned on batteries and all of their specs, so I'm coming to those with knowledge for guidance. I am currently looking at the Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh button top from liionwholesale. Would this be a wise choice? Or are there better, stronger, longer lasting options out there? I like the reviews I have read on these batteries, but they are a couple years old. (I live in the cold climate of Idaho, if that matters at all.) Thank you all for your assistance.

Link removed. Bill

I've got a '12 PD32 and if I were you, I'd just buy some of the NCR-GAs with the button tops added. If you want a protection circuit, adding even more length to the cell, you can find them easily enough, although I prefer running naked cells.

The GA is a great cell and more, or less, perfect for that light.

There are others out there, but those would be my choice, for an excellent, hi-cap cell that can be good up to 10A.

Chris

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also use unprotected button top NCR18650GA's. In my PD35 2.0. The nice thing about the button top is they have two layers of wrap (red with clear over it), so you have two layers of protection when sliding in and out of chargers.

Last edited:

muleycountry

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies, fellas. I ordered some Sanyo NCR18650GA button tops and they're on the way.