Carbon fiber flashlight clip?

Blizzyj

Newly Enlightened
Please help I'm looking for a carbon fiber flashlight/torch clip and can not find one. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Not sure that carbon fiber can be used as a clip.could be wrong here but a clip needs to be a spring type material.

nbp

Flashaholic
I've seen them for knives but not typically for lights. What light are you trying to put a clip on? Without knowing that it's hard to suggest clip options.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carbon fiber is very strong, but also very brittle I believe. There's a good reason why you'll probably never see a CF clip on a flashlight.

As for a flashlight that uses carbon fiber, there are a couple, but the one that comes first to mind is the Atlas C57 which was a Kickstarter project a couple years back. Cool little 18650-based flashlight, although it was backed I don't think it ever really took off.
Lumintop's Prince series also uses carbon fiber? That might be what you're looking for.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prometheus does one and Exposure UK. Clips??? Never saw one for a flashlight. Probably could be made but you'd have to do some homework and have one made.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prometheus does one and Exposure UK. Clips??? Never saw one for a flashlight. Probably could be made but you'd have to do some homework and have one made.

I doubt that there is any clip for a flashlight just because of low demand and high cost, relatively speaking compared to normal steel clips.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
How the heck would you make a clip out of carbon fiber? It isn't a spring material. I suppose you could wrap a piece of steel, but it would de-laminate eventually with the kind of use a pocket clip sees

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
As nbp pointed out, carbon fiber clip is quite common in the knife world but usually a bolt/screw in type and not the bent type with a ring for the light to go through.

They are quite durable and can be made to have high retention.