Coast A9R Inspection Light alternative?

SnappyK

Newly Enlightened
I love my Coast A9R Inspection Light, been using it for well over a year and a half and it finally gave out. Dropped it over 50+ times. Dropped it in Transmission Fluid, Gear Oil, Engine Oil, Coolant numerous times. I would like to purchase another one but before I do, I would like to see if there's any other light out there that is in the same comparison range.

Pen light. Rechargeable. 3 hours run time. Must have that inspection beam light quality!

I use it to look at cars daily.

Coast A9R
https://vimeo.com/172466329

Thanks in advance.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That's a toughy due to that spot only beam.

Although not rechargeable, Rayovac makes a little plastic number that uses a spot beam like that coast and fits in a pocket like an inkpen. It's packaging states 3 lumens but by having that magnifier lens the beam appears a lot brighter, much like your Coast.

It's like $3 in Wal Marts and a double A battery lasts several hours. It can fit the need until you find something better.
Streamlight Stylus Pro is pretty durable but does not have that spot beam. They have a bendy version called "reach" that I use under the hood of my car.

neboguy

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at NEBO inspector , a 180Lumen light with IP7 water proof , smart feature , NEBO will soon have RC version I think . won't make you disappointed

Last edited by a moderator: