• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB 12 volt battery enclosure

thealien

Newly Enlightened
Not sure maybe someone here can help me or steer me in the right direction. I am 57 years old and had ridden motorcycles for 40 years until I destroyed both shoulders in an industrial accident. I no longer ride but still own a Gerbing 12 volt heated jacket liner with a 2.1 mm 12 volt plug. Gerbing no longer makes a 12 volt battery pack for their heated gear. I have a bunch of 18650 batteries for all my flashlights. I am looking for a battery box that would use 4-18650 batteries in series for 14.8 volts which would be similar to a motorcycle charging voltage.

Anybody know of something like this or a 12 volt rechargeable pack with a 2.1 mm out?

Thanks in advance
Mark

thealien

Newly Enlightened
Call the folks at The Warming Store, they might be able to assist. Looks like Gerbing sold a 12V battery pack at one time.

Already tried and can not find any old stock Gerbing batteries? There must be something out there that would allow 4`18650s in series. I can solder/heat shrink the proper connector on.

Dave MP

Newly Enlightened
Another option for info might be to get on ADV Rider forum and ask around if anyone has done this type of mod.

I am interested in this as well. All my heated gear is 12V Gerbings.

**I just started a thread, asking for info about this on Adventure Rider (12 volt battery enclosure)

Last edited:

PhillyRube

Enlightened
Resurrected. Thinking of something similar to power bicycle lights (12v) and carry as a backup power supply for cellphone, tablet when travelling (5v). Still have a bunch of 18650s from my flashoholic dayz.....