Muyshondt Maus

ecallahan

Enlightened
The latest thread I found on the Maus is 2016 so starting a new one.

I am am seriously considering purchasing a Maus. I really like small flashlights that I can carry in my 'watch pocket'.

I was thinking of going with the aluminum model as it was the least expensive. However it only has 1 lumen and 60 lumen modes. I really think I'd be using something in between those the most. The bead blasted titanium looks nice and has a 10 lumen mode as well. I'm not sure if that is enough of a gap from 1 lumen.

Im looking from feedback from owners on how you like the light and if you feel the 10 lumen mode gives you enough light for most of your tasks. I know that is different for every person but I need some feedback on the light. Problem with the 60 lumen mode is the 15 minute runtime.

Thanks for any feedback.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an aluminum and sold it. Like you said, the short runtime is a big limitation when your only two mode options are Low and High. 10 lumens would have been a big jump in practicality, but so too would have been the price. I can't possibly understand the rational behind only having the lowest and highest outputs in the aluminum model, save pushing people to shell out more for the exotic metals.

The battery type was also lost on me. I considered purchasing rechargeable N-cells, until I realized it would void the warranty. The rechargeable cells are also uncommon and hard to find. The regular cells were costly and forced me to constantly rely on the Low mode which was less than optimal.

If there was a saving grace to the flashlight it was the beam quality. That, and it was so small. But there's lot of better, rechargeable options that are at the same size and at a much lower price point.

ecallahan

Enlightened
I had an aluminum and sold it. Like you said, the short runtime is a big limitation when your only two mode options are Low and High. 10 lumens would have been a big jump in practicality, but so too would have been the price. I can't possibly understand the rational behind only having the lowest and highest outputs in the aluminum model, save pushing people to shell out more for the exotic metals.

The battery type was also lost on me. I considered purchasing rechargeable N-cells, until I realized it would void the warranty. The rechargeable cells are also uncommon and hard to find. The regular cells were costly and forced me to constantly rely on the Low mode which was less than optimal.

If there was a saving grace to the flashlight it was the beam quality. That, and it was so small. But there's lot of better, rechargeable options that are at the same size and at a much lower price point.

What rechargeable options would you recommend?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
What rechargeable options would you recommend?

Check out MecArmy or pretty much any standard 10180 flashlight. Most 10180 flashlights have built-in USB recharging, varied choice of body metal, and much greater output.

Rovyvon is another manufacturer putting out some really unique rechargeable lights too. Quality may not be as high, but functionally they're superior.

If you want some higher-end options, check out TnC and their Nano-Lux series. Same level of quality as Muyshondt with more options, output, rechargeability, and better warranty. Look up the Omicron if you want something even higher-end.

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
I do like my blue Al Maus, I find the outputs are fine for what I want it for - a tiny light that goes a long time on low, small enough to carry anywhere and run time long enough to find a larger torch if needed.

EDIT: the anodising has held up very nicely indeed.