Eneloop or Fujitsu

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are Japanese made Eneloop and Fujitsu Nimh batteries made in the same factory? If you were going to buy Nimh batteries today, which would you be looking at and why? I've always just sort of defaulted to Eneloop but looks like Fujitsu is running the show now.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are Japanese made Eneloop and Fujitsu Nimh batteries made in the same factory? If you were going to buy Nimh batteries today, which would you be looking at and why? I've always just sort of defaulted to Eneloop but looks like Fujitsu is running the show now.

Fujitsu owns the FDK plant and the technologies. FDK makes their batteries and puts a Panasonic Eneloop sticker on it, since Panasonic no longer owns the FDK plant and technologies.

Buy based on price and freshness.

Chris

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Chris. Does this go for the LADDA Ikea batteries as well?
Fujitsu owns the FDK plant and the technologies. FDK makes their batteries and puts a Panasonic Eneloop sticker on it, since Panasonic no longer owns the FDK plant and technologies.

Buy based on price and freshness.

Chris

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

Some Ikea batteries are made in China. Same with Amazon and some others. Panasonic started making Eneloops in China, for the Oceania and Asian markets.

You want 'made in Japan' to have a chance.

Chris

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
10-4. So all Made In Japan are produced in same factory and get the most recently made that you can. I have this right?
Some Ikea batteries are made in China. Same with Amazon and some others. Panasonic started making Eneloops in China, for the Oceania and Asian markets.

You want 'made in Japan' to have a chance.

Chris

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
10-4. So all Made In Japan are produced in same factory and get the most recently made that you can. I have this right?

In early '12, I revamped all of my NiMH stuff, keeping some NIB quads of Energizer 2300s, which are made in Japan.

I bought a bunch of batteries, from Eneloop Gen. 2s, to AccuPower AA/AAAs, to Sanyo 2700s, to GP ReCyKos and PowerEx Imedions. Duracell Ion Cores and Fujitsus followed a few years later.

The AccuPowers are long gone, the Sanyo 2700s went first and the Ion Cores are all but toast.

My Imedions are still hanging in, my ReCyKos are at 90%, but my Eneloops are still fairly low on the I.R. scale and doing well.

I'm no longer going with HiCaps and I'll stick with Eneloop Standards, or Fujitsu. Right now, Fujitsus are hard to come by. There's a group out of Salt Lake City/Sandy Utah that were importing the Eneloops and then the Fujitsus, but they seem to have moved on.

Again, buy the freshest and buy based on price, but the latter might only be a buck, or two, so unless that busts your electric bill for the month, just pay the piper.

I'm done with buying anything but Eneloops and Fujitsu NiMH batteries, be they AAs, or AAAs and I don't really 'need' the higher capacity cells, since I don't require them in day-to-day life.

We're not talking a lot of money, as being a deterrent.

Chris

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will have to take Chris' word about the potentially being made in China, but I wanted to add that the Ladda's are only available in the high capacity version (2450mAh AA) and the low capacity version (1000mAH AA). Ikea doesn't offer the standard 2000mAh AA version.

The high capacity version, as you probably know, has shorter cycle life, and has been observed by AA Cycler and others to be more affected by cycles that are harder than the standard test cycle. They're mainly recommended if maximizing capacity is critical to an application.

The low capacity version presumably should have similar or perhaps better cycle life compared to the regular version, and for the price, is worth considering for remotes and similar low demand applications.

Right now, Fujitsus are hard to come by.

I've seen them on Newegg in the past for a very good price when they're doing a sale. I just checked and they're not on sale right now.