Rofis MR30 turbo issues

aaronhome27

Newly Enlightened
After doing a Google search and a search here I don't see anything on this except a YouTube video. I bought my MR30 just to play around with a 21700 power bank type light. The lights build isn't too bad for the money. Lights have come a long way as in budget friendly for what you get. I've been collecting lights on and off for a while with mainly midrange priced lights like fenix and a few zebralight. My collection is probably around 30 or so lights. I hadn't bought a new light in about 2 years till I started buying some 21700 batteries for other thi gs I use and thought they might be a good flashlight battery so I started looking.

I bought the Rofis MR30. The included battery seems decent other than its way oversized and won't fit any of my chargers. So it's an onboard charge only till I find yet another decent charger that will accept the oversized batteries I'm sure we will be seeing. My nitecore fits all my other 2xxxx batteries. Anyway, as I'm playing with this light I see it will go into turbo. Take it outside after just white walling turbo 2 or 3 times. Battery is full but once I go outside it won't go into turbo. Flashlight isn't hot at all either. Hours later I'm able to bump it into turbo while inside again so I immediately shut it off again and go outside for a beam shot. Again I can't get it to go into turbo. One minute I can do turbo on and off for quite a few times then other times I can't get it to go at all. There is no rhyme or reason why it won't go. I get a flash indicating it's trying to go into turbo and actually have to cycle the light off as if I had the light on before I can go into any other modes. Best I can do is once in a while if I grab the light and double click I get turbo mode mode the time. It acts as if maybe there is a timed delay between times you can cycle into turbo. But it's never the same. I can cycle into turbo 3 to 5 times one session. Then cycle one or less in another session of trying. I've not run turbo more than a second or two yet while messing with it so I have yet to heat the light up. It's just very strange. As mentioned I've got tons of lights laying around and every one of the others have predictable functions. This one not so much. I really like the form factor as we venture into high cap batteries as they will be great emergency light and power source. Would just be nice if we had a good user interface at this price point. 21700 lights are too new for me to drop lots of $$ into them yet. Looking forward to a zebralight sc62 though.