Silent Auction to help Moltenmag

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of our members here has had a rough time. He and his family survived Hurricane Michael, though he has had to sell off his flashlight collection (and other things) in order to raise funds after the devastation that hit.

I spoke with Henry, and we decided to have 2 silent auctions, the proceeds of which will go directly to Matt (Moltenmag). In fact, the winners will be PayPalling him directly while I will be shipping the items.

First up is an HDS horizontal holster with red tritium insert donated by Thor's Hammer Custom Leather. Along with this is a white diffuse reflector assembly with silver bezel and UCL. This will be auctioned as a set (it's the old white diffuse reflector).

Second is an Action Light. This is one of three Action Lights that has been outside of Henry's home for the last 18 years as a durability test. It is the green one (top right). The battery is starting to go so it blinks on the maximum level, but low and medium work fine. It's a piece of history. It comes "as is". If you can find a battery, high will work.

To bid on the first auction, the subject line must be: Holster/Bezel
To bid on the second, the subject line must be: Oldactionlight

The only thing in the body of the email should be your bid.

email bids to: [email protected]

Ask any questions here as others may have the same question you have.

The bidding will end on December 19th, 2018 at noon Tucson time, and the winner will be posted along with the amount that won. I will email the winner the PayPal address for Matt as the funds will go directly to him.

You will be responsible to pay for shipping (I will be doing the shipping and it will be at the actual cost of shipping, so if you want snail mail, airmail, or priority, it is up to you. Keep in mind that these will ship from Tucson, USA, and even at cost shipping can be steep outside of CONUS.

This is simply a way for us to help a member in need. Thank you!

img-0075.jpg

Modernflame has graciously added this holster to the holster and bezel above!
Read further on in the thread for specifics!
img-1178.jpg

img-2436.jpg

BVH has graciously added these 3 lights to the Action Light auction.

Eagtac D25C Titanium with holster, stainless Clip and box.
sa-bvh1.jpg

Manker E14 Copper with extra 18650 body, clip and lanyard and box.
sa-bvh2.jpg

Olight S1 Baton with Blue trim, clip and lanyard.
sa-bvh3.jpg

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
May I contribute an item for auction? I have a vertical carry HDS holster from Thor's Hammer. If that's okay, I can post photos or send them so that you can add them to the original post. I'll ship the item to the winner according to the shipping rules outlined above.

Edit: The holster was given to me by a very generous member of this forum. I figure that auctioning it off would make the most of his gesture.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to say there has only been 1 bid on 1 item.
Thought there would be a bigger response than this.

nbp

Flashaholic
I don't think it's a lack of desire to help a member if that's your thought.

Perhaps, an idea - Not to tell you how to run things, but in silent auctions I've been a part of in the past, while the bids were anonymous, the current bid was made known. It generates excitement and lets people know they have a shot at winning. For example, the Action Light sounds so cool to have, but my perception was that a Big Time HDS Collector would bid $500 for it so I didn't even bother sending in a bid since I didn't think I could afford it. Just a thought.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it's a lack of desire to help a member if that's your thought.

Perhaps, an idea - Not to tell you how to run things, but in silent auctions I've been a part of in the past, while the bids were anonymous, the current bid was made known. It generates excitement and lets people know they have a shot at winning. For example, the Action Light sounds so cool to have, but my perception was that a Big Time HDS Collector would bid $500 for it so I didn't even bother sending in a bid since I didn't think I could afford it. Just a thought.

I like that idea. I'm going to go with it here. and start posting the high bid.

Action Light $100
Holster/bezel $0

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
May I contribute an item for auction? I have a vertical carry HDS holster from Thor's Hammer. If that's okay, I can post photos or send them so that you can add them to the original post. I'll ship the item to the winner according to the shipping rules outlined above.

Edit: The holster was given to me by a very generous member of this forum. I figure that auctioning it off would make the most of his gesture.

Absolutely. Post a photo of it here, and we will include it in the first auction above!

Thank you!

Dan

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to post the high bids every day at noon Tucson time (or close to noon) so the last high bid will be posted around that time on the 18th... a day before the bidding ends.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely. Post a photo of it here, and we will include it in the first auction above!

Thank you!

Dan

This is a vertical carry custom HDS holster with a belt clip from Thor's Hammer. The dragon's eye is a tritium insert and the inside is lined, but I'm not sure what the material is. Maybe Dan can remember. Finger cut outs provide access to the flashlight and the face of the holster provides complete protection. It also works well with other 1" diameter lights, such as a Malkoff MD2, in a bezel up configuration. I've never carried it outside of the house. The condition is like new.

Again, this was given to me by a well known and respected CPF member. Paying this forward on his behalf.

Holster1.jpg

Holster2.jpg

Holster-4.jpg

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Will these items be split into multiple auctions or just lumped into two? I am interested in the Action Light but don't necessarily need other lights if they could be of interest to others. Given that they are shipping from multiple locations is it easier to lump them or auction separately? I'm in favor of whatever nets Moltenmag the most money!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Post a photo of it here, and we will include it in the first auction above!

the first auction is holsters, more than one, plus the diffuse reflector

Please put a list here and a photo, and we will include these with the Action Light auction

the action light auction, will include other lights

just lumped into two?

yes
Just two auctions, but not just one item per auction..

Suggestion
Once someone wins an auction and chooses the particular item(s) they want to keep, we can put the items we dont want on the classifieds, and could potentially also donate those funds to moltenmag, since the auction winners will have his paypal info..

I for example am only interested in the diffuse reflector, so when I win the holster auction, I will be offering to redistribute the holsters.

this saves Hogo from managing more than 2 auctions, and still allows individual items to be sold separately, still to benefit moltenmag.

Last edited: