A Z2 Combat light blk

cody12

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone give me some background on this light? Has 4 small leds with a larger one in the center. Just like an A2l, but with all white light. Seller says it's a prototype. Ser # x00360 of 1000. I've been collecting on and off for close to 20yrs. Have more than 80 SF lights. I've never seen one like it. I'd post a picture but something has changed here and I'm no longer able to. Oh yeah, even if I could put up a picture I won't get it until tomorrow. Bought it yesterday. Thanks
Steve in L.A.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2. Like you said similar to A2L. Great light, works with 16650 cell and overall nice design. Head is E series compatible so you can legoit whatever you like. Tail is similar to Kroma, V2...

Up All Night

Enlightened
The AZ2 & the AZ2-S(strobe model) didn't have a lengthy production run. Not sure how accurate the claim of 1,000 "x" serial number prototype units made, I'd like it to be less as I have x00344.
They definitely went into full production as I've seen many with serial numbers starting with the common "A". Post #45, by dano, in the "The Surefire AZ2 Thread" shows his starting with an "A".
Not very impressive output but I like the beam profile, huge spill with an E1Besque hotspot. Almost limitless lego options with the body having E head treads and the tail being C/P/Z compatible.
I'd like to get my hands on an "A" beater body.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a post here mentioning that Brownells was selling them for some ridiculous price over a year ago, so I bought one. I swapped a few different E-Series heads onto it, but none that I tried worked better than the stock design.

It lives in my car's glove box fed by primaries. The dual output modes work really well in that role, and it's used almost exclusively on "low" to see in the near field. It's serial number X00462.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my twins got a new emitter, XPL HI 4000K, everything else is untouched. Now it has over 400lm output with stock driver. Did some boring to so 16650 fits perfect and since it has a boost driver, EDC has some new meaning now.