HDS rotary 200 hi cri max power issue

Jayvivet

Newly Enlightened
Hello there.

I havent used used my light in some time so not sure if it's a battery issue or not.

So when I turn on my HDS rotary in anything but max power it's fine, running as usual. However if I turn it on with the rotary control on full,it will flash once immediately. I am not sure if it's stepping down or not. If I turn it on with any other level selected it's fine but as soon as you turn the power to max it flashes again. It never used to do this. I have tried some internet searches but can't seem to see any other issues like this. I am using a aw 16340. It's not that old and hasn't been used a great deal. Seems to be charging fine.
If anyone has any answers on this please help as it's driving me mad.

Regards

Jay

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried a reset? Switch on and remove battery compartment, light goes out. Refit battery compartment, dim light shows for some seconds and then goes out. Now it's reset.
Have you tried a different battery? Treat yourself to a CR123 Primary and fit it after a reset. Otherwise email Henry, he'll sort you out.
P

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the one flash was to indicate max brightness. Mine does it and the other 2 I've missed with did it

Jayvivet

Newly Enlightened
How do I know if I am in configuration mode? And how do I get out of it? Never heard of that mode before

Jayvivet

Newly Enlightened
Ok I had already read up. I was getting customisation and configuration confused. I am not in customisation mode. I just went into it and out again to see if it did anything but still the same

Jayvivet

Newly Enlightened
I managed to find another 16340 which came with a mecarmy pt16. Very rarely use these smaller batteries, I have plenty of 18650's. Typical.
Ok so now this problem has gone away. No flashing when entering max brightness. I put the aw back in and problem reoccurs. Strange. Anyone have an answer for this or just a malfunctioning battery?

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would imagine that the battery was undercharged or it can't handle a 1 Amp draw.
Sorry should have said customisation.
P

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HDS blinks and steps down when the battery is unable to sustain the chosen brightness level. What is the voltage on that AW cell?

When mine are unable hold maximum output, I take this as the indication that it's time for a battery swap. It saves the trouble of having to remove the battery at intervals and test voltage.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read this at 4 o'clock in the morning and somehow in my head between fixing a bottle and changing a diaper I thought you were already in customization mode or something my apologies. I'll stay off the forum at night between storm watch and taking care of two baby girls. Haha.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I read this at 4 o'clock in the morning and somehow in my head between fixing a bottle and changing a diaper I thought you were already in customization mode or something my apologies. I'll stay off the forum at night between storm watch and taking care of two baby girls. Haha.

Brother I hear you. Lol.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't do that, it's much more fun when you join in.
P

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jay if you say you've charged to aw battery but have you checked that it's going to full voltage at full charge?
If it's not going to full voltage you may have a faulty battery in which case change it and dispose of it.
I m running different brands and this flash only occurs to tell me I will need to change the battery soon. However they still last a while but I don't have use of full power.
Also not sure what charger you are using but I have an xtar vp4 plus dragon charger for various reasons including this one

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is definitely a battery issue. If you want to use a rechargeable, I would recommend the Efest IMR with an Xtar charger.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast