I need help. A good battery for an AceBeam X80GT????

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
I need battery help. In this area I know nothing.

I just received an AceBeam X80GTvnx2. Came with no batteries.

I thought my Sony VTC5A would work. They don't, too lose.

What would be a good battery to get for this light other than the AceBeam 18650?

It's frustrating having a new light and not being able to play with it.

Last edited:

Rockjunkie15

Newly Enlightened
I don't have an x80 but I do have an x45 and I assume the battery carriers are the same if the Sony vtc5's are too loose(65.2mm long). I really like the orbitronic 3120mah 30amp button top cells, there 67mm's long so they fit pretty snug but not spring smashing tight like the Acebeam cells(69mm long). The orbitronic cells are just rewrapped Sony vtc6 cells with a button top.

https://www.orbtronic.com/40a-18650-3120mah-button-top-battery-high-drain

Last edited:

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
I don't have an x80 but I do have an x45 and I assume the battery carriers are the same if the Sony vtc5's are too loose(65.2mm long). I really like the orbitronic 3120mah 30amp button top cells, there 67mm's long so they fit pretty snug but not spring smashing tight like the Acebeam cells(69mm long). The orbitronic cells are just rewrapped Sony vtc6 cells with a button top.

https://www.orbtronic.com/40a-18650-3120mah-button-top-battery-high-drain

THANK YOU

When comes to batteries, if is not a C, D, AA or an AAA: I don't have a clue

Last edited:

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
You can also get both vtc5 and vtc6 button tops that will give you a little extra length from MTNElectronics.
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_88&product_id=607

I learned about 18650's by ordering the wrong size a few times, at least I have a good collection now.

You have been a tremendous help

The AceBeam battery that's suppose to fit my light is 69 long
My Sony VCT5A (flat) is 65 long. That's why mine are too lose.
I didn't know Sony also makes a button VCT5A 66.9 long--thanks for that info
Your Orbtronic is 67 long, button

The Acebeam battery is much longer than the Sony and Orbtronic button tops. Like you mentioned "spring smashing"

You mentioned you like the Orbtronic. More so than the button top Sony?

Rockjunkie15

Newly Enlightened
The orbitronic I suggested seems to be a Sony vtc6 that orbitronic put a button top on and puts there own label on. So the performance will be the same between those two. Since you bought a x80vn you may want the higher performance of a button top Sony vtc5(2600mah capacity), or you can get a little more capacity with the orbitronic/Sony vtc6 button top(3120mah capacity). Generally more capacity = less max sustained current which may or may not matter with how long the x80vn can run on turbo without getting too hot. Skylumen generally recommends the vtc5 for high power lights but either battery should work just fine. Just always buy good brand batteries and stay away from eBay to good to be true Chinese cheapies.

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
The orbitronic I suggested seems to be a Sony vtc6 that orbitronic put a button top on and puts there own label on. So the performance will be the same between those two. Since you bought a x80vn you may want the higher performance of a button top Sony vtc5(2600mah capacity), or you can get a little more capacity with the orbitronic/Sony vtc6 button top(3120mah capacity). Generally more capacity = less max sustained current which may or may not matter with how long the x80vn can run on turbo without getting too hot. Skylumen generally recommends the vtc5 for high power lights but either battery should work just fine. Just always buy good brand batteries and stay away from eBay to good to be true Chinese cheapies.

This helps. I have been reading and reading.

The X80 I just received is actually an X80GTvnx2. V redesigned his DriverVNX2 to fit in. Said he would love to do it to his light but it took too long and was hard to do.

Higher performance is why I had Vinh redesign the light. So it looks like it will be the Sony.

V said I should get about 1500 lumens over stock. Factory says stock is 32,500. But all that is up in the air until I can get it operating.

I really thank you for your help

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened

RamBull

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered from Mountain Electronics 4 Sony 18650 VTC5 Button Tops.

Thanks for your help

Did it work? I was reading on 1lumen they recommend protected cells. I also got Vinh's version and was hoping button top unprotected Molicel p26a would work.