AAA Primaries. Alkalines ot Lithium ultimates in Maratac AAA

parametrek

Enlightened
Don't use alkalines in a light that expensive.

Why not NiMH? The high output mode will perform better with them.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Find someone with a Sam's club membership and get you a pack of L92's for it they are on sale now less than $1 each I think.
Saving a quarter on batteries to have them spew their guts in a nice light isn't savings in the end.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't want to mess with rechargeables since that wasn't one of your options. Do yourself a favor and go with lithium. Alkaline have a high possibility of destroying that light

archimedes

Flashaholic
I have finally gotten alkaline cell consumption below about 1% of my total battery use.

There are still a tiny handful of very picky ( mostly "9V" ) devices that work poorly on lithium / Li-Ion / NiMH alternatives ... :(

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
Wouldn't the recommendation also be based on the usage?
For a flashlight that is used very frequently, NiMH would be a good option since they won't leak and they're cost effective (since you can recharge them).
For a backup/emergency flashlight (left in the glovebox for instance), NiMH self discharge and intolerance to extreme temperatures may not be the best choice, and Lithium may be a better option.

I agree with the No alkaline in electronics you do not want to ruin (too many TV remotes, kid's toys ruined by alkaline leaks), unless you really need a battery and it's the only type available.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have finally gotten alkaline cell consumption below about 1% of my total battery use.

There are still a tiny handful of very picky ( mostly "9V" ) devices that work poorly on lithium / Li-Ion / NiMH alternatives ... :(

Me too. Alkalines are now only in a very few devices for me now. I've even dumped the name brand alkalines almost entirely due to the insane price you pay to have them almost always leak on you why pay 3-4 times as much for a worthless warranty and perhaps 2x the performance when the batteries leak most often before you barely use them instead save a few dollars a year enough over 5-10 years to buy more rechargeables and lithium primaries with the savings.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am trying to use up the last of my alkaline aaa cells. I only use NIMH(Eneloop) or Lithium now. Even then, I put an alkaline in, and at the end of my trip/adventure/travels it is removed. Only Lithium or NIMH in 95% of my lights now. I refuse to loose even a $20 light over alkaleaks anymore. I have a large collection of Maratac & "Tool" lights and they work well with NIMH & fantastic with the Energizer Lithium primaries.