Want Keychain EDC Flashlight, Need Recommendation

Mr.Penny

Newly Enlightened
I want to replace my Fenix E01 flashlight with something brighter. Here's what I'm looking for:

1. Must hook to a keychain.
  2. Must have Multi-mode. Moonlight mode not needed.
  3. Minimum Default brightness: 10-lumens or brighter.
  4. Can't be longer than the Fenix E01.
  5. $20 or less.
The Fenix E05 and Lumintop EDC01 both fit what I'm looking for, however the E05 doesn't seem as popular anymore, and I'm worried how the plastic lens will hold up in the long run.

What other EDC flashlights are available that would fit my requirements?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
I want to replace my Fenix E01 flashlight with something brighter. Here's what I'm looking for:

5. $20 or less.
The Fenix E05 and Lumintop EDC01 both fit what I'm looking for, however the E05 doesn't seem as popular anymore, and I'm worried how the plastic lens will hold up in the long run.

Thanks,

Two lights that I've been using for a while with no vices that trouble me:
- Fenix LD02 - ( old style white LED only, no UV - the UV version is longer and heavier). I run it on one AAA NiMh. Lots of light, comes on at 25 lumens, clicks down to 5, and up to 100. I use a little loop of cord and an S clip to hold to my Leatherman Squirt. Button on the back end to turn it on.
- Fenix UC02 - bought on a whim two months ago but has been on my keys ever since. Comes on in low (which I think is around 25 lumens), and goes up to 100+ lumens. Only theoretical (so far) draw back is the weird midget LiIon battery it uses, but I see them on e-bay for a few bucks, so I will eventually buy some spares for it. Built-in USB charger.

Both of these are highly resistant to the "glowing pocket" problem I've had with the "flat" style keyring lights. Neither of them spontaneously dismantles in my pocket. Enough light for checking the garage door from the house or looking for a stray cat in the back yard, and enough endurance for keychain light scale tasks.

However, these are both more than $20 CDN - maybe you can find a good deal?

Bill

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

5. $20 or less.

Thanks,
Absolutely no issues with the E05 lens. Mine have been dropped on hard surfaces many times, without issues.

Don't let that worry alone stear you away from the E05.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
E05 is pretty rugged and lens not an issue at all,mine has been thru the wash more than once too!

GPK Knives has the SS version for$20 right now too!

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tank007 ES12 stainless steel AAA light with H M L and a max of 120 lumens.

I've carried one daily for 5 years now, very reliable and just a shade over your budget at $26.68, I upgraded to the Stainless version after my keys wore the ano on the E09 version.

The E09 is the same as the ES12 except it's anodised aluminium and they are available for $15.58.

The above prices are from the GearBest site.

Whatever you buy it's worth using a lithium primary instead of an alkaline battery.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
If the e05 meets your requirements I wouldnt hesitate. Mine spent a lof time on my keychain until I really decided to take off the bulk becuase I edc a light or 2 clipped to my pockets. After a couple of years the physical reverse polarity protection bit (or at least I think thats what that was) fell out after who knows how many drops. Doesnt affect anything becuase im not going to put a battery in backwards anyway. Otherwise its totally fine and had it had a clip I might actually use it these days becuase ive also found having a decent amount of lumens at start up ks beneficial for edc. I'm sure thers plenty of other options as well.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like the e05 grab one. They hold up well to keychain duty. Plastic lens is not an issue. Mine rattled around with a pocket knife for a few years