2xParking Patrol security, hi output, lo throw, no disturb neighbors, 1 mode, <$70

Hi everyone,

I am responsible for parking lot security and 2 men will patrol for 5 mins, 2x/hour, in a medium sized parking lot holding 150 cars.

They need reliable lights that fit the following criteria: (+/- whatever you suggest for the use)
1. Simple UI (not same 2 guys every time, so it may be first time use or unfamiliar, need pick up and go reliability without training or using manuals.)
2. 500-4000 lumens for 5 mins without overheating or becoming uncomfortable to hold
3. Weak amount of throw OR tight enough beam without spill (quad optic white flat?) to avoid disturbing nearby neighbors within 300ft accidentally AND avoid windows of our building distraction
4. Ability to deter/blind/disorient a criminal caught in the act (instant strobe? idk)
5. Single or dual mode levels for ease of access?
6. Under $70 per light INCLUDING battery as I may be buying them myself to donate. Gift budget is 150 for the 2 lights, charger if not USB capable, quality batteries.
-Bonus points if it can be fitted with a traffic wand diffuser!

What else? Experiences? Recommendations? Please share!

Last edited:
Re: 2xParking Patrol security, hi output, lo throw, no disturb neighbors, 1 mode, <$7

So far I'm thinking:
-Single mode Zoomie to keep tighter focus and avoid distracting people from windows or neighbors, which gives goodblinding throw power without the unnecessary spill (budget friendly? 60-80$)
-Quad white flat/oslon using OPTICS for tighter high output beam (Emisar D4Svn white2 ~100kcd 4K+ lumens) This is perfect but crazy expensive $130 plus battery & charger
-Emisar D4S with SST20 (58K CD but haven't seen beamshots for tightness yet which concerns me if too wide) great price at under $50

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 2xParking Patrol security, hi output, lo throw, no disturb neighbors, 1 mode, <$7

Streamlight LED Poly Stringers should work well, traffic wands are available.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

So far I'm thinking:
-Single mode Zoomie to keep tighter focus and avoid distracting people from windows or neighbors, which gives goodblinding throw power without the unnecessary spill (budget friendly? 60-80$)
-Quad white flat/oslon using OPTICS for tighter high output beam (Emisar D4Svn white2 ~100kcd 4K+ lumens) This is perfect but crazy expensive $130 plus battery & charger
-Emisar D4S with SST20 (58K CD but haven't seen beamshots for tightness yet which concerns me if too wide) great price at under $50

You're overthinking things. It's a parking lot and they're walking around it for 5 minutes, twice an hour.

I have two Emisar lights and you need 18650 li-ion cells to use it, so that's not reasonable for noobs. Plus, you seem to want to blind people, so how's your liability insurance when it comes to eye surgeries?

Go to Costco and get a few of their lights to use, for cheap. That way, when they lose them, or just break them, you're not out a lot of scratch.

Chris