What is the newest/best Nitecore 4 cell charger?

passive101

Enlightened
I'm trying to weed through Nitecore's website for battery chargers. What is the newest one that charges 4 cells. It seems like they have several series of models. I need lithium ion and Eneloop batteries to charge for certain. I see some chargers are LiPo or something as a 3rd option. Is that needed or now redundent on the newest chargers?

I've always had great luck with Nitecore products and their previous chargers have always worked for me.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Nitecore SC4. It has a couple of quirks, but overall I really like it. Will charge Eneloop and lithium-ion (3.6v, 4.2v, 4.3v). Max charge rate is 3000mA, though I usually use about 1000mA (it goes down to as low as 300mA).

I like that is has plenty of side-to-side room for the cells, so they're easy to grab and remove. Some smaller chargers jam the cells so close together, you need something to pry them out.

It will do any size up to a D cell. However, I don't think it does cells as long as 21700. If it does, they'd be very tight.

eh123456

Newly Enlightened
From their web site, there is a new model UMS4, the spec looks good.

Junkinduck

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking at chargers. I use a goal zero charger for my AA and AAA batteries now. It is USB or solar. I would like something that would charge these as well as 14500 batteries. I am looking at new single cell AA/14500 pocket or belt holster lights. I am getting information overload looking at chargers. If I understand the Nitecore will change both?

Warnertax

Newly Enlightened
What is the newest/best Nitecore 4 cell charger

Hi and welcome ethan. What type of battery would you prefer to use? Lithium or NiMH?

tripplec

Enlightened
UMS4 does look interesting. I'll wait for a detail review the oem site did not specify cell length compatibility which his crucial or Protected cell users. Nitecore did not specify if the AC power adapter was provided with them.

tripplec

Enlightened
Turns out there is a review on the Zeroair website on this UMS4.

Apparently no charger was supplied and it has to be a specific spec to work through the Micro USB port which I consider to be too flimsy myself and not acceptable for high current over a period of time. I'd like to have seen a better power IN design than any USB type port I have not necessity of using it with a USB charger and anyone attempting to use any charger with their computer port as the power adapter may find they blow there motherboard USB circuit for it. They are not intended to power device like this or high current.

Scratch this charger. NEXT

tripplec

Enlightened
Looked up the USM4. Would be good with USB C and PD powered. Not a fan of QC, since only specific USB chargers have it.

Yeah and they're not supplying a charger with it only a cheap USB cable!! With charger push 4 amps and more into batteries it the bays. it needs a dedicated charger sized properly to run many hours. It seems the OEM's have run out of idea's in building a good charger. Only choice are those of old with various bugs such as they are. But nothing new and equally capable or better despite expertise in the field. LOL

One of my channels of my Soshine SH4 started acting up not charging a cell once. Might need to get a new charger soon but I have a Nitecore I4 as backup.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
UMS4 does look interesting. I'll wait for a detail review the oem site did not specify cell length compatibility which his crucial or Protected cell users. Nitecore did not specify if the AC power adapter was provided with them.
I own this charger the battery spaces are huge. Long enough to support protected 21700 no problem. Charges fast enough for my liking.

No ac adapter. USB charger with whatever brick you supply.