PK Knight Tailswitch

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how to take the tailswitch on a PK Knight apart?
Mine has recently become very unreliable and I think a good clean is in order.
Thanks so much,
P

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I think it's a press on thing. There were other similar lights made by foursevens that used that type of os. Mini Mark if I recall correct, so if anybody knows how to take those apart ....

The actual PK part of them was the (at that time) worlds brightest LED lamp. The rest was all David Chow.

PK47-i.jpg

I will share inside view of it for now.
Perhaps, you can see how low profile my new design "TAC-O-CLICKTM" switch is.
It works like SF tactical switch, but few difference.
1. This switch has a TACTO feeling when you push it that let you know you have pushed button. (confirmation/confident)
2. Unscrew back gives you disable, but tailcap does not comes out. (no loose part)
3. No rubber button that wears and tears. the whole tailcap itself is a switch.
Hope you can enjoy! Cheers~

Sorry, I don't do cpf email/message. Please email me at [email protected] or post it on my Facebook.

ORIGINAL POST HERE -

Also worth reading -#108 and #109

~ Chance :thumbsup:

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious about taking apart the tail switch also. My Paladins don't exactly have the smoothest action in the world and I'm sure a nice clean and relube would fix it.

Looking at the CAD, I wonder what that silver ring is for? Is that some sort of retaining ring?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
PK47-i.jpg

ORIGINAL POST HERE -

Also worth reading -#108 and #109

~ Chance :thumbsup:

I stand corrected (about the design part).

Here ya go Pete
IMG-20181216-201654.jpg

The brass looking "C" clip holds the light in the groove shown to the right.

I forgot I had accidently removed mine one time. I just twisted until it came off (not knowing any better).
Note, mine is a prototype so the Knight may differ.

IMG-20181216-202404.jpg

Just thread it back on like normal

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stand corrected (about the design part).

Here ya go Pete
IMG-20181216-201654.jpg

The brass looking "C" clip holds the light in the groove shown to the right.

I forgot I had accidently removed mine one time. I just twisted until it came off (not knowing any better).
Note, mine is a prototype so the Knight may differ.

IMG-20181216-202404.jpg

Just thread it back on like normal

You must be an ox. Or have the strength like one. I'm trying to twist it off an it's not budging. I even have some pieces of rubber on the body and tailcap for extra grip and it still won't come off.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey badtziscool,
I bought an e series brass bezel from a CPF'r in the Ukraine-beautiful work but I could not tighten it far enough for a complete installation regardless how hard I tried. He suggested buying a pair of gloves from Harbor Freight for $1.99. They have yellow rubber on the back and a Grayish color on front with a mixed threadlike texture. Once I put them on I was Ironman-the bezel tightened as easy as a well lubed and well machined piece of copper. I have since used them to unscrew several heads with threadlocker and do not even need to use heat. Good Luck!

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey badtziscool,
I bought an e series brass bezel from a CPF'r in the Ukraine-beautiful work but I could not tighten it far enough for a complete installation regardless how hard I tried. He suggested buying a pair of gloves from Harbor Freight for $1.99. They have yellow rubber on the back and a Grayish color on front with a mixed threadlike texture. Once I put them on I was Ironman-the bezel tightened as easy as a well lubed and well machined piece of copper. I have since used them to unscrew several heads with threadlocker and do not even need to use heat. Good Luck!

Thankss crazy. I may give that a try. Im just kind of hesitant on using more force. Just don't want to damage anything.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a good try at unscrewing it this morning - no dice.
Also tried with wrenches and it didn't budge, still it's beaten up enough now for me to find a way.
Maybe PK will have the answer....
P

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I'm sorry, he did.
He explained that the tail is held on with a stainless ring and is not designed to be removed. However he said that someone had managed to remove it, but he doesn't know how. He also sent me a useful scematic of the body and tail.
I got a bit rough with mine the other day to no avail, apart from scratching up the PVD coating. I've now jammed the tail in the on position and doing the on and off with the head. That works fine for the stuff I need it to do.
Thanks for reminding me to update this.
P