[Review] EAGTAC DX3B Pro Mini, 2310lm neutral, 18650 and USB

zieloczek100

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
My name is Eryk. I am writing reviews in Polish.
Reviews I translate – google translator.

The packaging format of this model has changed slightly compared to the PX30LC2-R tested more than a year ago or quite recently TX3G Pro, whose packaging coloristically did not refer to the model, eg PX30LC2-R, nevertheless the method of placing information on the packaging is almost unchanged

The package contains:
- a flashlight
- instruction manual (it is not worth reading, I have not received the exact instructions for this model), warranty card
- USB cable
- cell 18350 1300mAh (high capacity)
- cap on cell 18650 (only in PRO version)
- a well-made hard holster
- leash on the wrist
- spare oring
- 5V / 1A charger

DX3B Mini Pro powered by 18650 cells measures 11.3cm and diameter of about 2.2-2.3cm

The diode in my case to XHP50.2 in the neutral version, it is a pity that the manufacturer used a colder diode than in the example TX3G Pro, which I tested. I have no objections to the cleanliness or quality of the location of the diode in the headlamp.

Testing more than a year ago PX30LC2-R (I have it until today) I was worried about the durability of the rubber, which protects the button. A year has passed and nothing bad is happening with the rubber band. Has something changed compared to PX30LC2-R? the accuracy of the button has changed, now the button element is closer to the eraser, which allows a better sense of its operation.
The sound has also changed slightly, the button in EAGTAC is not the quietest, but it does not bother and works as it should.

On the "opposite" side, the manufacturer has placed a USB port and information on the maximum charging current. Unfortunately, we will not find USB type C, known from other models, unfortunately, the USB security protector protrudes.
DX3B has passed the water immersion test without any problems, probably it is not a water-resistant USB port without a rubber band, which is a pity, because the whole is very nicely done

The middle tube is covered with a very small and poorly perceptible knurling, the clip itself is more perceptible, large, soft and comfortable. It is possible to remove the clip, but it involves losing the space to assemble the leash on the wrist ... that's the only thing that stops me ☹

We have the choice of using one of two caps
- on cells 18650
- on the 18350 cells, the cap has a built-in magnet - in the short version it looks even more charmingly 😊

I do not know why EAGTAC does not use gilded springs, maybe it's a special stop?

Threads on both sides duly made and lubricated (thread at the head is not glued)

In my opinion, the DX3B looks bizarrely from the tube on the 18650 cell, it looks much more interesting from the tube at 18350, although in my opinion 18650 is the only sensible supply of EDC flashlights (yes, that's my opinion)

Controller:
At the beginning - another EAGTAC without protection against accidental switching on !!!
The control is very easy:
- one click will turn on the flashlight in the programmed mode
- with the torch switched off, holding the button will start in TURBO
- change modes by pressing and holding the button
- to activate flash modes, we must hold down the button and wait two times to pass through all modes.

DX3B has a protection against too low voltage, at about 3.4-3.5V it begins to clash modes, until at about 3.0V we will only have one mode. It is not that it "takes" the modes, but if the TURBO is switched on when the cell is low, the driver can be squeaky and it is the same information that the cell has to be replaced.

Programming the chosen mode in which the flashlight is to start after one click is a difficult process and for me not very understandable. I do not have an instruction that exactly describes the process, but it looks more or less like a flashlight - 3 * click and set which mode we want to choose, sometimes we have to do it twice, sometimes the flashlight will be programmed to a different mode than that's what we want ... by trial and error in a few minutes you can set the mode you want.

It is worth mentioning the protection against too high temperature, the flashlight without cooling after about 30 seconds will reduce the brightness, but this is not the protection known from flashlights, eg Fenix ​​or Lumintop, Eagtac can warm up to nearly 80 ° C).

Supplying the flashlight with links 18350 TURBO works for about 8 minutes, then a sharp drop to about 50% and before 20 minutes ends "current".

The graph looks much better when we use 18650 cells, the brightness decreases slowly from 100% to 70% for about 40 minutes. For diode XHP50.2, the manufacturer gives 2310lm, so even after dropping to 70% it is over 1500lm.

Only here you can see the huge advantage of 18650 cells over 18350

DX3B among great brothers, namely TX3G and PX30LC2-R

And here, behind the TX3G, Lumintop ODF30 jumped

DX3G Pro in Mini version or with a tube on 18350

And some photos from Emisar D4

Several pictures from weighing, flashlights in each picture are equipped with links.
Differences between DX3B, PX30LC2-R and Emisar D4 are below 10 grams, a great result

XHP50.2 diode, although it shines nicely, and even very nicely bearing in mind other flashlights with XHPxx.2 diodes, nevertheless, on the white paper you can see a slight green color coating.
A card with a card, it shines on the outside
smiley.gif

For comparison, the warmer TX3G with diode XHP70.2 neutral

Field shots, camera settings ISO-200, f / 2, 1s, white balance - Fluorescent H

DX3G Mini Pro - TURBO

TX3B Pro - TURBO

Emisar D4 - TURBO

Rofis MR50 - TURBO

DX3B Mini Pro - from low to TURBO

TURBO lit "lower"

TX3B Pro - TURBO, significantly heat up the color

Emisar D4 - medium and TURBO

PX30LC2-R with XP-L Hi neutral - TURBO

Rofis MR50 - TURBO

DX3B Mini Pro - from moon to TURBO

TX3B Pro - TURBO

Emisar D4 - TURBO

Rofis MR50 - TURBO

A few words of summary,
For people who have read the TX3G Pro review this ending will not be any surprise.
DX3B Mini is a great EDC torch without basic functionality - protection against accidental switching on. I have learned that by throwing the flashlight into the sachet I have to loosen the cap and no problem, but ... it's a flashlight and for the programmer it would not be a challenge.
We have the ability to program modes from which we turn on the flashlight, we have the ability to go directly to TURBO (with switched off flashlight), simple control without unnecessary flash modes.
At the end ... Looking for a small size of a strong and well made flashlight with a good quality diode (among other XHPxx.2) and an efficient driver, you do not mind the lack of protection against accidental switching on and you are able to pay for it around 100USD - is a suggestion worth attention the more so because EAGTAC, like Armytek, does not resemble other brands, is unique.

Thank you for your attention.
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Eryk[/FONT]

parametrek

Enlightened
For diode XHP50.2, the manufacturer gives 2310lm, so even after dropping to 70% it is over 1500lm.

Wonderful review of a light we have not heard much about! However I must correct you on something: The XHP50.2 J4 version is rated at 1700 lumens not 2310 lumens. The "2310" number comes from an estimate based on how much power they are dumping into the LED. These are called "LED lumens." However there are losses from LED heating and the reflector and the glass so the actual amount of light produced is less. These are called "Out The Front" (OTF) or ANSI FL1 lumens. Here 25% of the light is lost from the reflector and the glass which is actually pretty typical.

Normally LED lumens are only quoted by smaller manufacturers who can't afford to properly test their lights. If a company as big as Eagletac uses LED lumens it is only to provide misleading marketing material.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
[Review] EAGTAC DX3B Pro Mini, 2310lm Neutral, 18650 And USB

Note that on Eagtac's website, there's now a DX3B Pro Mini Clicky. A welcome change to the UI, IMO

Could you please bring me up to speed on the significance of that? I know that I have read that term on here, but, honestly, I just never paid that much attention to it. How is it different from a "non-clicky"?

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: [Review] EAGTAC DX3B Pro Mini, 2310lm Neutral, 18650 And USB

In this case, it means that instead of that body-mounted button that keeps getting hit by accident, it's got a rear-mounted button (look at the picture here: http://eagtac.com/html/dx3brcpro/index.html#textposition4 )

Like the DX3B Mini Pro, the DX3B Pro Clicky still has that body-mounted button, but it serves only to change modes. You turn the light on and off with your thumb, with that rear-mounted button

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
[Review] EAGTAC DX3B Pro Mini, 2310lm Neutral, 18650 And USB

In this case, it means that instead of that body-mounted button that keeps getting hit by accident, it's got a rear-mounted button (look at the picture here: http://eagtac.com/html/dx3brcpro/index.html#textposition4 )

Like the DX3B Mini Pro, the DX3B Pro Clicky still has that body-mounted button, but it serves only to change modes. You turn the light on and off with your thumb, with that rear-mounted button

Thank you so much for the reply. That IS good to know. I have used Streamlight Stingers enough over the years that I expect dual switches. However, where I work now, there is NO tail cap switch. My "muscle memory" still thinks there should be a switch there!

Last edited: