Received a customed Acebeam X80GTvnx2 from Vinh

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
Just received a customed AcebeamX80GTvnx2 from Vinh.

Before ordering, I asked Vinh if he could place his DriverVNX3 into the X80GT because I DID NOT WANT to have to do two clicks to get to Turbo mode and then another two clicks to get to Turbo Max mode as per the stock light.

I wanted the X80GT to go directly into 100% mode with two clicks. The light was to be used for emergency and did not want to take a number of steps to get to 100%.

V thought he could install his DriverVNX3 and it was going to cost X amount of $$$ which I sent.

V got back and said it was not going to work. The DriverVNX3 would not fit in the light. He said he would try his DriverVNX2. Later on V told me that he was able to custom fit the driver and it worked but it took a long time for the custom install.

I asked V if the custom installation worked well.

Vinh said,"Yes! I want to do the same for my personal light but I dread the work. Took too long to custom fit everything in there".

This custom X80GTvnx2, with about 33,000-34,000 lumens, is replacing my MatemincoMT18vn with 16,000 lumens.

I Installed four Sony 18650 VTC5 button tops. With V's DriverVNX2, I set up theX80GTvnx2 the way I wanted it to work.

I have used the light for a couple nights now. The throw is not much to talk about but the flood is unbelieveable. As I walk down the street at night and double click the light, it's as if night turned into day. It is that bright.

There is a waring on the light, "beam can damage eyes" and that is why I have it. Walking down the street at night with my wife's two dogs which are a nice meal for the coyotes that roam the area. I feel an instant 100% beam from the X80GTvnx2 should stop any coyote that might want to approach. I know it does work on rabbits. When they are hit with 100%, they freeze and do not move no matter how close I approach them.

Last edited:

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
V's well known sig.
Resized_20181216_2146471.jpg

Picture taken at 10pm using my cell phone and it's light

Resized_20181216_2145291.jpg

Picture taken with the same cell phone but backed up with the X80GTvnx2at 100%
Resized_20181216_2145451.jpg

Last edited:

druidmars

Enlightened
Just received a customed AcebeamX80GTvnx2 from Vinh.

Before ordering, I asked Vinh if he could place his DriverVNX3 into the X80GT because I DID NOT WANT to have to do two clicks to get to Turbo mode and then another two clicks to get to Turbo Max mode as per the stock light.

I wanted the X80GT to go directly into 100% mode with two clicks. The light was to be used for emergency and did not want to take a number of steps to get to 100%.

Such a cool light with a terrible UI :(
Awesome that Vinh could get the light working the way you wanted!

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
Hi jim, can you tell me how to take better beamshot with the camera phone ?? Setting ?

If you are a novice at photography, I'm more of a novice than you.

All I did was hit the light with 100% and raised the cell up and took a photo. That's it.

I am far from the person to ask.