GATLIGHT V2 stop working

M.TEX

Enlightened
Help my gatlight v2 stop working. Did try fresh batts and notice flashing 1 time when i was trying to close the light...can someone tell me if is dead for sure ? I pm the owner / maker but he was online a long time ago....the light was working fine...i try to turn on and off few times a year and never left the batts inside...please help. Thanks

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure you did this, but it's always good to ask, as cleaning all the electrical contact points will often clear up problems, especially with lights that only get used a couple of times a year. Deoxit is wonderful electrical contact cleaner, and available at most electronics stores, Guitar Center, Amazon.com, etc. In a pinch you can use a Q-tip to which you've applied a bit of rubbing alcohol.

And, you say you tried "fresh" batteries, did you actually test the voltage? If they've been sitting awhile, like the light, they might have lost a bit of uuumph. Good luck.

M.TEX

Enlightened
Thanks. Yes fresh because i used the batt. Charger not the original but one from fenix and it show voltage ,and mah.and the batt is an olight 3.7v 650mAh rcr123a just like the old one but better Brand...its funny but they dont fit the same way...and its a pain to place the batt. On the light..the new one is about 1 /16 taller