What Streamlight Stinger Battery Should I Use?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
An old friend of mine gave me a Streamlight Stinger LED, Stinger Charger 75100 and AC power supply. The battery is no longer usable. What replacement battery stick should I get? I think the battery that was in here may have been NiCd, since it has the black wrapping. I am inclined to replace it with either NiMH or Li-Ion. Which should I go with and why? Also, which battery technology can the Stinger Charger Model 75100 be used for? Also, should I remain with genuine Streamlight branded battery sticks or are their any after-market battery sticks that have high capacity or lower price without sacrificing quality?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can replace with nimn, but not with li ion, your existing charger can not charge li ions correctly. your best bet is to replace it with same oem type battery that is available on the market, and will not cause fire due to wrong charger.​

edit. never mind, i did not realize stinger uses 3 nimh which is same voltage as 1 li ion, you can use li ion.

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight offers both NiMH and Li-Ion replacement Stinger battery sticks, both are 3.6V, but the NiMH is rated at 2.6 Ah vs 2.2 for the Li-Ion.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up ordering a NiMH battery through Amazon. It arrived today while I was at work and it is on the charger right now.