• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired All Sold! Kyfishguy micro mags for sale (LH351D emitters)

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Up for sale is my latest batch of micro mags. I've used Mountain Electronic's version of the FET+1 driver in these micromags as well as Samsung LH351D 4000k 90+CRI emitters on the Mountain triple copper board. This combination uses direct drive off a high drain 14500 cell to drive the light to 8 amps on turbo at start up, dropping to 6.8 amps at 30 seconds. There is around four to five minutes of run time before the light gives a low voltage warning when the battery reaches 3 volts. The battery is only providing about an amp to the emitters by time the low voltage protection kicks in.

These lights also feature the advantage of a dual channel driver to create a moon mode of about a lumen or two (estimated in comparison to a D25A on firefly mode). Additional features include a 60 second turbo timer as a safety to prevent damage to flashlight/flesh, a four mode user interface (Moon-Low-Med-Turbo) with off time memory, a tailcap spring bypass mod to reduce resistance, and narrow frosted Carclo optics. My micro mags are all built as described here excepting that I use aluminum heatsinks instead of copper and I've upgraded to some 3D printed parts. I estimate around 2800 lumens at start up and 2400 lumens at 30 seconds based on emitter testing by Texas Ace. Turbo should still be giving a couple hundred lumens when the low voltage warning flashes.

aTPlRYw.jpg
[/IMG]

tjRYtxm.jpg
[/IMG]

Er7fUtt.jpg
[/IMG]

The sugar shack is at 60 yards.

Price includeing CONUS shipping is $72 each. International buyers pay additional shipping.

First reply followed by PM gets the light of their choice (Black and Silver are SOLD).

My paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking!

Brian

Last edited:

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Kyfishguy micro mags for sale (LH35 emitters)

Dang Tapatalk won't show me the pics,

Super interested!!!

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Hey Greenbean, I'm assuming your tapatalk is one of those new-fangled screen widgits, good luck with that!

Archimedes, I never thought I'd find an emitter I liked as much as the nichia 219 but the 4000k 90CRI has one nice tint and the output is kind of insane. Lots of emitter changes in my future!

Hi Brian,

I purchased one of your Micro-Mags via the MarketPlace last month. It quickly earned a place in my EDC pocket. :twothumbs

~ Chance

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought the Quad LH35 in a 2C Mag from kyfishguy - really nice LEDs (& light!).

I've also got a couple of his triple mini-mags, really great stuff. Highly recommended, both the lights & kyfishguy!!

Rasher

Enlightened

Micro Mag just showed up. Friggin' hilarious! Like a mouse that roars. And, really nice workmanship, with surprisingly nice beam color. I'm impressed!

Thanks, Kyfishguy, and happy new year!

R

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Mouse that roars, that's awesome, glad the light is entertaining you! Happy new year to you and yours.

Brian

Micro Mag just showed up. Friggin' hilarious! Like a mouse that roars. And, really nice workmanship, with surprisingly nice beam color. I'm impressed!

Thanks, Kyfishguy, and happy new year!

R

Rasher

Enlightened

@kyfishguy: This has seriously become the most fun I've had with a light in a long time:

I was at my local cigar lounge this evening. Happened to have the micro mag in my pocket. Owner comes out of the office, tells me he got a killer flashlight (it is a nice light - the 2000 lm version of the Fenix TK35). He lights it up, the gang there ooohhs and ahhhs. I pull out the micro, tell him "I just use this little maglite...", he kind of smirks. Then I twist it on. The room went silent, then laughter all around.

I pointed them to this thread - perhaps some new customers (I made it clear it's not a toy to be trifled with!)

Again, thanks for making a light that has surprised and delighted me, I look forward to picking up other variations of emitter/etc. in future batches.

R

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Hey Rasher,

Sounds like the guys in your club got an education! As for future batches I think I'll be going back to the good old nichia 219c in 4000k. Less light output and the tint isn't much different but I'm thinking folks will be more enthusiastic about the nichia vs. these new-fangled samsung emitters.

Thanks for the great comments,

Brian

Nimitz68

Enlightened

Brian, can these be ordered from you or do we wait for you to announce the latest drop? I would love to try one of these. Thanks!

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Hi Nimitz,

You can certainly order these any time you want, but keep in mind there are still two left for sale in the OP, no lines no waiting!

Best,

Brian

Brian, can these be ordered from you or do we wait for you to announce the latest drop? I would love to try one of these. Thanks!

Nimitz68

Enlightened

Hi Nimitz,

You can certainly order these any time you want, but keep in mind there are still two left for sale in the OP, no lines no waiting!

Best,

Brian
Brian, I confused this with your other thread. D'oh! I will take the silver please! Thanks.