SFT-10/20 Green Availability

Snoman002

Newly Enlightened
Looking to build a green "lightsaber" if you will and the SFT-10/20 appears to be the best option. Availability appears limited, and/or in bulk. Any available sources to get these (preferably already mounted)?

Snoman002

Newly Enlightened
Ideal parts are

SFT-10-CG-F35-MPC or MPD

Or

SFT-20-CG-R35-MPB or MPC

Bare LEDs could be acceptable (F35 instead of R35 in p/N)

Any help would be appreciated, the SFT-10 is a 800lm 1mm2 die, the 20 is a 1500lmm 2mm die.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
While Luminus identifies the SFT-10 and SFT-20 series as 'active', there do not appear to be any products available on the world market. I'd guess they are in a 'fishing' mode, trying to determine if there is enough interest to warrant doing a production run. I'd suggest you look for another LED, as it's likely these will never exist other than on a drawing board.

Harold_B

Enlightened
I'm assuming the Luminus Devices LEDs are intended for projector applications (shhhh, I'm at work....) so perhaps you might consider the Osram OSTAR Projection Compact LE CG Q8WP-8N7P-1 to replace the single die, and LE CG Q7WP-6Q5R-1 to replace the two die product. They have ~10% less rated output but they might actually be available.

Snoman002

Newly Enlightened
I'm assuming the Luminus Devices LEDs are intended for projector applications (shhhh, I'm at work....) so perhaps you might consider the Osram OSTAR Projection Compact LE CG Q8WP-8N7P-1 to replace the single die, and LE CG Q7WP-6Q5R-1 to replace the two die product. They have ~10% less rated output but they might actually be available.

Thanks for the comparable parts, I will have to look into availability. Unfortunately it appears the die size of the OSTAR products is a bit larger, which is a bummer as I am trying to make a thrower. That 700+ lumen narrow beam 1mm2 die Luminus was looking really promising.

Snoman002

Newly Enlightened

Looks like osram just released their converted green (CSLNM1.F1) version of the white flat. Peak output of 560 lm at 1 amp, 2.5x that at max rated current (3a).

Currently a minimum order of 1000 and a 14 week lead time.