R90C Review

Severus

Enlightened
Hi guys long time no see, I did a review of a flashlight that some of you might be interested, the Imalent R90C. Maybe Vihn can do some magic on this bad boy. Let me know what you guys think.

https://youtu.be/ayHQo0VMHyc

Severus

Enlightened
Hi Vinh, I haven't had a chance to send you the light to mod but I will, any news on Selfbuilt?

Severus

Enlightened
What I like is the hi output combination with a huge throw...and the area light (lantern-mode) turn this flashlight into a practical flashlight

Rasher

Enlightened
Very impressive light.. I measured almost 17000 lumen on my lumen tube 4.5 in.

Yes, it is. I've considered putting mine in a box with a note "Just make it the best it can be, whatever cost" to Vinh, but honestly, I don't know if its overall strengths can be improved - one could pile a bunch of W1/W2 in it, gain throw but probably lose output - and the GT and its clones already have the throw market cornered. And I can't think of an emitter that would greatly increase output without dropping throw with a much wider spot. Seems like Imalent hit a sweet spot with this one.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
W2 should have 200% the throw with 70% the output, if driven correctly. If you wait for the Boost HX, you should get 250% the throw with 100% the output.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Impressive! I also really liked the TK61vn beam shots from your vid!

What is the CD for the GT?

What twistedraven said. The nearly 7,000 lumen GT that Newlumen was referring to is the one with XHP70.2, which of course won't have anywhere near that kind of throw. The original (1.2m cd) GT has around 1800-2000 lumens at most.

Last edited:

Severus

Enlightened
I was interested on the MF04s (GT copy) but the throw on that one has less throw than the R90C