SUREFIRE TACTICIAN (#E2T-MV) Incandescent HEAD or TIR LENS ?

LucioRaffaelli

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,After selling all my Surefire flashlights (incandescent) , I realize after the fact, the beauty of the incandescent and how my eyes or my brain does not accept the LED :( but I really like the design of the TACTICIAN (The size, the grip, the clip, ect ... it reminds me a little my old E2E.

Is a old E head of Surefire fits ? Or if I want to install a less powerful LED with a TIR lens, what are the best options?

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

Last edited:

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my tactician, except for that surefire blue LED. I did play around with some lego ideas, the tactician is fully E-series compatible. I had a Lumens Factory head I was playing with, so an incan E head will fit fine. You'd have to use the proper bulb, or just go with the Tad Customs higher output incan bulb options, so you can even use lithium ion cells.

DqkpeK.jpg

zyxUEK.jpg

LucioRaffaelli

Newly Enlightened
Thank you DrafterDan !!

I only see LED head parts (Lumens Factory), Did you remove the LED from the head?

What is the difference in quality with a Surefire original head?

Thank you for the photos

Last edited:

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Lucio,
The original surefire E1/ E2 head was what I was thinking for your incandescent upgrade. The dropin can be replaced with either a Lumens Factory unit, or the lithium ion capable Tad Customs unit.

0qfhgs.jpg

Or if you're really lucky, you can find a vintage Steve Ku (KuKu here on CPF, I believe) LED dropin, like this:
dmKgBk.jpg

This image shows what the inside of the first gen (LH) and second gen (RH) incandescent head looks like.