18650 compact twisty

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
EagTac D25C2 Mini or D25LC2 Mini.
While ET are known more widely for the Clicky series they also make them in Twistys too!

I have a few of the AA models and they are just as nice as the Clicky are but cheaper and Twisty.

They are also offered in the same emitter options which is nice.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
EagTac D25C2 Mini or D25LC2 Mini.
While ET are known more widely for the Clicky series they also make them in Twistys too!

I have a few of the AA models and they are just as nice as the Clicky are but cheaper and Twisty.

They are also offered in the same emitter options which is nice.

What is the difference between the EagTac D25C2 Mini or D25LC2 Mini?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
DQG made a Tiny 18650 twisty. Or you can get the Overready Zerorez and convert any light with a McClicky

thslw8jg

Enlightened
The ET D25C2 uses either 2 CR123 primaries, 2 rechargeable 16340's or a rechargeable 16650/17650 cell. (3v-8.4v range)
The ET D25LC2 uses either 2 CR123 primaries, 2 rechargeable 16340's or a rechargeable 18650 cell. (3v-8.4v range)
The slightly smaller D25C2 is more pocket friendly whereas the D25LC2's slightly larger diameter is better suited for belt carry, just my personal preference.
The D25LC2 has a plastic liner to prevent battery rattle when using 16mm diameter cells.
Both models are available in a reverse clicky or twisty setup, also available in neutral white and hi CRI versions.

Good luck in your quest.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
While i'm on a roll, I expect it's too big, but just for posterity.
Fuvemega 18650 E to E body, Lrmens Factory E series Twisty Tail - plus an E Series Head of your choice - Oveready, Lumens Factory, Tana, McGizmoo et al.
I'm assembling one shortly with an RPM 16340 Body, RPM Head modified by Tana and a Lumens Factory Twisty.
P

scout24

Flashaholic
My take is that the market is heading towards e-switch, highly programmable lights. There are still new twisties out there, some of the 4sevens Minis for example. I wanted to see a clicky body for the Mini Turbo, I'd be just as happy with a 16650 twisty body. Sloppy threads, gritty threads, mode skipping, etc seem to be the main issues that plague twistys. I still use a Thrunite T10 AA twisty on occasion. It's a three mode with moonlight low, 10lm medium, and a screaming 120-130lm high. With mode memory. That last bit alone is the biggest reason I still use it. :) Might I ask why you want an 18650 twisty? Form factor, runtime, perhaps something else?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Can someone recommend me a compact 18650 twisty only light? Potted would be even better but not required.

.... Might I ask why you want an 18650 twisty? Form factor, runtime, perhaps something else?

Yes, depending upon your needs and planned uses, perhaps something like a Peak Logan 17500 might suffice ?

No, it is not 18650 based, but it is small(er) , twisty only, potted, and has the advantage of easily running different battery chemistries (including various types of AA)

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
My take is that the market is heading towards e-switch, highly programmable lights. There are still new twisties out there, some of the 4sevens Minis for example. I wanted to see a clicky body for the Mini Turbo, I'd be just as happy with a 16650 twisty body. Sloppy threads, gritty threads, mode skipping, etc seem to be the main issues that plague twistys. I still use a Thrunite T10 AA twisty on occasion. It's a three mode with moonlight low, 10lm medium, and a screaming 120-130lm high. With mode memory. That last bit alone is the biggest reason I still use it. :) Might I ask why you want an 18650 twisty? Form factor, runtime, perhaps something else?

I recently pulled about 20 good 18650 from old laptops. I remember some wise people here said twisty leaves very less room for failures. And of course the runtime.
I am also looking into e-switch as well but don't like the parasite drain and the accidental turn on in the pocket (yes, I can loosen the tailcap to break connection, but... nah)