Best CRI Flashlight solution to mount on my body for Security guard ?

Blackinfinity

Newly Enlightened
I am a Security guard, I try to find a way so I can mount the flashlight on my body or my belt some how, I need my hands constantly to open doors and using keys and my pocket computer

any ideas ?

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few quick ideas. Surefire wristlight. A small light clipped to epaulet- if you have. A headlamp- like zebralight -clipped to your belt. A headlamp around your neck. A holster like Nite Ize that swivels.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've also got First-Light USA TRS Mount which you can get for belt or MOLLE or you can use the clip on the light.

MX421

Enlightened
I am a Security guard, I try to find a way so I can mount the flashlight on my body or my belt some how, I need my hands constantly to open doors and using keys and my pocket computer

any ideas ?

For the tasks you mention, i would wear a very floody headlamp either clipped as previously suggested or around your neck. The latter is how i wear my Zebralight H604c which is high CRI. Note that this "mule" is pure flood and only good for close-up tasks like the ones you mention. In fact, my floody H60X on high might even limit any visibility outside say 6 to 10 feet. Thats why i personally combine it with a regular headlamp, in my case a H600 or H600F presently when i work outside where i switch between close up work and mod range visual (both needed hands free when i am working outside in the dark).

You don't mention it, but for security work, i would suspect you also something with a bit of throw for searching the grounds you are securing. A handheld would probably be sufficient for that task, but you most likely have that covered.

OscarFoxtrot

Newly Enlightened
How about a Fenix LD15R USB rechargeable right angle flashlight? Clipped to your belt?

Blackinfinity

Newly Enlightened
For the tasks you mention, i would wear a very floody headlamp either clipped as previously suggested or around your neck. The latter is how i wear my Zebralight H604c which is high CRI. Note that this "mule" is pure flood and only good for close-up tasks like the ones you mention. In fact, my floody H60X on high might even limit any visibility outside say 6 to 10 feet. Thats why i personally combine it with a regular headlamp, in my case a H600 or H600F presently when i work outside where i switch between close up work and mod range visual (both needed hands free when i am working outside in the dark).

You don't mention it, but for security work, i would suspect you also something with a bit of throw for searching the grounds you are securing. A handheld would probably be sufficient for that task, but you most likely have that covered.

Yes a very floody light is what I want, I am security guard who check buildings and objects check all doors are closed that the security larm is enabled etc, so a floody light is the best I want it to be like if I would turn on the actual lights in the building that is why I also prefer a very warm light since it makes it less depressing and creepy since the places is not very uplifting its like industrial factories etc and stuff not very cosy places but a warm light makes the environment little bit more nice.

There is no need for an angle light, as long as I can mount it some how in my belt in a horizontal way, also a angle light is a very nich market very warm CRI and angle light does mean very small options also a regular one look better to me.

Head lamp is out of the question it would not look good with the uniform and all and we where a cap on the head.

Clip light or a way to mount it on my belt would be the best way, on my belt I can mount things but I would prefer to not use a holster since I want to be able to have the flashlight ON without holding it my hand I just want it to light up the room I am in without me holding the light so I can use my hands for the keys and my pocket computer

I used the manker E14 II with the clip it worked ok but the clip the fall of sometimes . I need a replacement anyhow cause the manker flashlight turned up to be defective

Blackinfinity

Newly Enlightened
You've also got First-Light USA TRS Mount which you can get for belt or MOLLE or you can use the clip on the light.

looks interesting I will check it out! yeah some kind of mount on the belt would be the best solution problem is to find things compatible with each other

Blackinfinity

Newly Enlightened
A few quick ideas. Surefire wristlight. A small light clipped to epaulet- if you have. A headlamp- like zebralight -clipped to your belt. A headlamp around your neck. A holster like Nite Ize that swivels.

looks little bit bulky, for 300 lumens I think having my smartphone in the breat pocket works as good, using my smartphone in my breastpocket with flashlight works good for me to navigate a pitchblack room but it does not give me the more warm cosy feeling I prefer get with a more powerful light, as I said I want a flashlight that makes it feel that the lights in the room are on as it was daytime, I work only night and its dark all the time

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
The nite-ize holster might fit the bill as it is cheap and works with many different lights.

While I haven't recently bought any surefire lights, they have the firepak which might work for you.

Blackinfinity

Newly Enlightened
The nite-ize holster might fit the bill as it is cheap and works with many different lights.

While I haven't recently bought any surefire lights, they have the firepak which might work for you.

At first glance it sounds like a really good solution the 360 functionality is smart but to be honest I only need it to stay in the horizontal position all the time, but its good that I can move it up and down still. Best solution I have seen so far. Clip lights is a good idea but I have seen no one strong enough yet

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight makes several scene lights that seem like they may work for you,none are really warm as you seem to want but the lights are used in security and emergency response and are pretty tough for sure.

https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/survivor-low-profile-atex
https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/protac-90
https://www.streamlight.com/products/product-series/knucklehead

There is also this Holster

Brite Strike Quick Rotating Holster

Which looks like a practical option too?
I can't find a link to it without a price though so you will have to google it for yourself.

Last edited:

Blackinfinity

Newly Enlightened
I have now been using Acebeam E65 CRI for about 1 week. My impressions so far.
Super good quality of this construction. the USB charging is very good and handy and I can see this being the standard in future, its very convenient. Battery life last me one working day as a security guard, of course I have to choose the right moments to use turbo mode and high mode, ideally I would want to have it in turbo mode all the time, but this might be possible in 2 years when the LEDs have been even more efficient and better battery capacity. It's kind of clear that the 21700 will replace the 18650 standard in flashlights its the perfect size for battery, the and battery life and power output is kind of impressive considering the small package of the EC65

The power button feels very premium and does its job good, it looks very stylish too, the only thing I could complain about is it might be hard feel with the finger if you have it over the power button. But compared to most other flashlight this power button feels more premium then most.

The clip was better then expected, its very firm so I can actually have in my belt in horizontal position and it stays in place kind of firmly.

Color temperature was more white then expected, I did expect a warmer color, I do not know if its the diffuse optic that might have that impact but It feels my manker E14 II is slightly warmer.
With that said it works, its defintily on the warmer sight but it is really on the other edges of warm white.
It feels like 4500K but would interesting to know actual measurements.

Power output in turbo mode is kind of satisfying, in high mode it does work to navigate around but it does not lit up rooms the way I prefer.

It would be nice to compare with the Regular version, but I definitely want CRI, as for 2019 we have to make a big sacrifice in lumens to get CRI but as for now I think it is worth it... its more comfortable for the eyes and CRI gives better a more comfortable space to be in in general.

WnJ85c3.jpg

ZqGkOi2.jpg

T8c6ES0.jpg

nVydoh5.jpg

qlLec57

qlLec57