And the Fenix Lantern Product Line Just Keeps Getting Better

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
This small and compact camping lantern is extremely powerful with 400 Lumens of output and a long runtime of 400 hours on the red flash output. The high output provide a runtime of 5 hours with a max beam distance of 25 meters or 82 feet. The CL26R is powered be either a single 18650 rechargeable battery or two CR123 batteries. You can easily charge the included 2600mAh battery with the CL26R's micro USB port. The top of the extraordinary camping lantern is magnetic, so you can effortlessly hang it from an RV or another metal surface. Simply turn the CL26R on with the one-switch control; this same control allows you to access the 6 white output levels and the 2 red output levels.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are... adorably cute. Good call on the 1/4 thread mount too.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was thoughtful of Fenix to make it edible as well so you can cook it in an omelette in an emergency :D

And Phaserburn, I would assume it uses neutral emitters? I own the CL20 and it uses neutral emitters. I think Fenix seems to have that in mind for their camping gear. Could be wrong though.

CL26RE_5__00247.1547136731.jpg

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Just don't scramble the lantern. Best over easy. :twothumbs

We are confirming that question about a neutral emitter. We will post the engineer's answer when we hear back.

It was thoughtful of Fenix to make it edible as well so you can cook it in an omelette in an emergency :D

And Phaserburn, I would assume it uses neutral emitters? I own the CL20 and it uses neutral emitters. I think Fenix seems to have that in mind for their camping gear. Could be wrong though.

CL26RE_5__00247.1547136731.jpg

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Is CL26R compatible with unprotected cells? I.e. does it shut off before over-discharge occurs?
Unprotected cells are always risky. We have sent your questions to the Fenix engineer and will post their response once we hear back from him.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Is CL26R compatible with unprotected cells? I.e. does it shut off before over-discharge occurs?
Here is the Fenix engineer's reply.

"Fenix products do not use batteries without protection circuit. And we don't suggest customers to use unprotected cells."

The CL26R produces a 4500k color temp from it's primary emitter array. The newer 26R PRO however advertises a vaguely misleading 4000-6800k color temp. I'd like to think that the color temp statement is a "lost in translation" artifact, with the primary "lantern" LED's being at 4000k, and the secondary "down light" being the cold white light. That noted, I'm reluctant to spend $80 + shipping on the gamble. Does anyone have direct experience with the color temp of the newer PRO version?