Hi quality, balanced, strong, simple, FAST headlamp recommendation

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Hey guys! I use/depend on my headlamp frequently and so am willing to pay good money for the best! A couple years back I found the Fenix HP12 which was "pretty ok" at the time so I bought several of them to keep in different places and give to co-workers. I'm wondering what's out there now and here is some of what I'm looking for.

1. Balance - when running with a slippery, sweaty head (something I actually do regularly) I found the 18650 battery at the back balanced the head of the light some.
  2. Quality/Dependability - I did find the HP12 "ok" as far as reliability goes. The headband doesn't compare though to a 25 year old Petzl headlamp. I'd like a better headband that is also quick & simple to adjust for when sharing the light with different size heads.
  3. SIMPLE UI with lots of options - I realize "simple UI" and "lots of options" might seem contradictory but they are not if they are done correctly. I like the ability to simply go from 1-1000 lumens for example without thinking too much or having to learn a complex combination of buttons and different press combos. I've got a Nitecore HC90 for example that has a simple slider that slides between low and hide. My ideal changes I would make to that Nitecore's UI would be a.) to have a slightly bigger button to find easier on the top of the head and b.) I'd put low/off at 1 end of the slider and high at the other end. (It has low in the middle, high on one end and the other end for different colors which I don't want/need)
  4. Quick to deploy, wear & adjust - Most headlamps I have with the exception of the really high quality old Petzls seem to get all tangled up in the bag and are a twisted mess to get on. Besides that they take a while to change sizes. I don't know what can be done here but I do think there are connectors that are simpler/more efficient and even things like a different color for the "over the top straight" to make untangling quicker. Perhaps making it without fine without that "over the top strap" but having a super easy/fast to add for those times you're bouncing and slipping more....
  5. Beam leaning towards throwy - I think compared to most customers I like more throw in my headlamps. (Not pencil beams though like my 20K lux, 60 lumen Petzl!) I do like them to be more floody than my EDC hand held but not as floody as most. I realize that either requires a larger head (heavier) or a smaller dedomed emitter such as a XPL - HI. For what it's worse if I had to pick just 1 "flood to throw" ratio for a handheld and a headlamp at 1000 lumens my choice for EDC would be a 60,000 lux and for a headlamp would be 20,000 lux. (I'm thinking the profile of my Eagletac DX30LC2 which has 20,000 lux from a .9" diameter head & XP-L HI emitter.)
As I finish my list I realize I was a bit OCD and there's probably nothing that meets all that. But what do you guys think would be closest? Including thoughts on modified/custom lights?