Powerful compact flashlight

carmen

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for something that meet most of the criterias below. It can be stretched alittle of course if you see that it's very close to a really good flashlight you'd like to recommend.

- Good quality
- High output single led, so powerful it can be with a single cell battery.
- 1×18650 or 1×26650 (or similar)
- semi throw/semi flood, some deph in the reflector but not a pure thrower.
- rechargable (charge-port)
- Neutral or warm tint
- Good/high CRI

Thanks in advance!

ven

Flashaholic
Other than the USB which tbh are not always a good thing(ingress be it water/dust or another part to fail). Check out the emisar range at mtn electronics or international outdoor. D4 and D4s to name 2 models. Lots of flavours to choose from, best bit is, the cost! Excellent UI and from $38.........

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I share ven's opinion on USB ports. There are many good lights out there that I am sure would meet your criteria. I am going to name two. The Nitecore P30 is a nice single 18650 cell light that has a good mix of throw and spill. It will throw several hundred yards, and the spill is very nice as it is enough to let you see things immediately around you without overpowering your eyes so that you can't make out all the details in the distance. Its normal MSRP is around $70, but I have seen it as low as $35 during the holidays, and one may still be able to find it at that price. The other is the Lumintop GT Mini. It too is a single 18650 cell light, but it comes with a short tube so that one can use a CR123/18350 cell as well. It too has a nice throw, and the default UI is a ramping one, so that one can select exactly the output one desires. It is currently going for about the same price as the P30.
I have both, and enjoy the equally.

carmen

Newly Enlightened
I must say I like the suggestions even if I never heard of either MTN or Lumintop brand before. The short tube with the Lumintop is a nice combo I never seen before.

First I had a few other lights in mind, i.e Olight Pro Seeker, Klarus G20 or G20L, or Acebeam EC50 gen 3 - generally because of the high stated lumen output.
But I wonder how they would be able to utilize the XHP70 leds effectivly with a single battery cell.
According to Cree, the XHP70.2 comes in a 6V version and a 12V version. Even the lowest would need a voltage booster to not be "under-powered" (and maybe they have?)
Atleast that is how I reason in this. Feel free to fill in and correct me if I'm wrong.
And for runtimes I thought a higher drain on a high output led could be compensated by using a light containing a 26650 instead of a 18650.

ven

Flashaholic
A bit back you would have needed 2 cells, so usually 8.4v to feed and xhp LED. Now thanks to driver magic and clever folk, these can be powered in single cell lights. Zebralight are worthy of a look for a compact, nice ano light. Clever UI and efficient...............The 700d has the xhp70.2 in and fed on a 21700 cell. IIRC it can maintain over 900lm continuous, pretty impressive for a compact light.

On mtn elec, Richard is a top bloke and certainly knows his stuff. Your in safe hands using his shop. The Emisar range he stocks usually sells fast, these are from Hank who has international outdoors. So buying off Hank is buying direct, shipping expect 2-3 weeks ish. Richard at mtn a few days.

carmen

Newly Enlightened
I got stuck on the Zebra you mentioned, all specs looks good and it is much shorter than the other i looked at. I just asked for beamshots in the big thread which would be nice.

carmen

Newly Enlightened
I just saw another nice option that might compete with the others - Thrunite TC20. Any thoughts on that one anyone? Alittle longer than the Zebra, but shorter than the Seeker, EC50 and G20.