SHOT Show 2019 is Almost Here!

Nephron44

Enlightened
Anyone know any sneak peaks from SHOT Show 2019? The suspense is killing me!

I'm hoping for a Surefire Tactician with a bezel down clip, clicky versions of the Surefire EDC series, and a dual fuel Streamlight penlight (rechargeable plus primary AAA).

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I look forward to this every year as if it were a major holiday. I'll be haunting YouTube for the earliest glimpses of new gear. I keep wondering if Elzetta will release something new.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know any sneak peaks from SHOT Show 2019? The suspense is killing me!

I'm hoping for a Surefire Tactician with a bezel down clip, clicky versions of the Surefire EDC series, and a dual fuel Streamlight penlight (rechargeable plus primary AAA).
Lumens Factory has a nice 2-way bezel down clip for the Tactician. I have one in the mail right now. I will post pics and thoughts once I get it but, Mark's stuff tends to impress.

Nephron44

Enlightened
Lumens Factory has a nice 2-way bezel down clip for the Tactician. I have one in the mail right now. I will post pics and thoughts once I get it but, Mark's stuff tends to impress.

Isn't it the same as the regular Surefire long two way clip? I tried one on my tactician and it was too loose.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't it the same as the regular Surefire long two way clip? I tried one on my tactician and it was too loose.
No, it doesn't use the plastic spacer apparently. Mark lists that it fits the Tactician in the description but, I will let you know how it fits for sure when it gets here.

I personally love the Tactician's beefy clip. It is the best clip Surefire has made in years imo. But, I have decided to pocket carry my Tactician now(not how it was designed to be carried) and prefer bezel down for pocket carry. What I really would like though is if Oveready would make a version of their tailcap with clip built in for the E-Series.

Nephron44

Enlightened
My EDCL2-T doesn't use a plastic spacer, and that's where I got the clip that was too loose. I'm interested to see if the one you ordered fits better

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure if the clips are different on the EDCL1-T & L2-T or not(I have never taken mine off). I sure hope it does fit though as it says it does in LF's description.

Back to SHOT, I am anxious to hear some news too...

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow it would be cool to go to a show like that sometime in my life. It's probably one of the bigger venues for new light reveals, huh? Can't wait to see what new stuff is in the works from a lot of companies.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes Elzetta, I hope they do. it's been some quiet 2018.
the bones is still out of stock, but they told me that'll be coming back in stock soon.
could be some changes. never know.

I look forward to this every year as if it were a major holiday. I'll be haunting YouTube for the earliest glimpses of new gear. I keep wondering if Elzetta will release something new.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
How was it intended to be carried if not in a pocket?

I believe it was designed to be clipped outside a pocket(front or back), on a belt, on some molle webbing, etc. just like is shown on SF's site. If you reach to your side or behind you you will find that bezel up puts the light in the correct position for the Head/Jaw Index, FBI, and Harries techniques without having to flip it(remember this light was designed specifically to be used as a handgun accompaniment light). This gets you on target in the shortest amount of time with less chance of fumbling.

https://i.imgur.com/q2toOo4.png

Last edited:

maglite mike

Enlightened
Good explantion TH.

I'm curious what Maglite will show, or if they even show up. And a new Bones would would be cool as a polar bears toenails.
Maglite has been there every year. I'm hoping they come out with a new mag tac rechargable since the first generation had some issues.

Always miss and think of Marshall Hoots this time of year :(

I had a phone conversation with Marshall that ended with me not getting what I wanted. However, there was no question in my mind that Marshall very much cared for his customers and did his upmost to take care of them. I didn't get what I wanted, but I appreciated how much time Marshall took giving me his explanation. That's how I remember Marshall. RIP. You're still missed.

~ Chance

Latest posts