• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2019 Giveaway Thread

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Prize: W2 ROT66vn W2 5400K or SLN Prototype 6 Point Star Twisty Tail Cap + 3 Rear Trits

What to Post:

1. Pick a number from 1-5400

2. Write a short story for 1 number entry.

3. Post a picture with your story for a bonus number entry.

You may use https://imgur.com/upload to upload your image

Pick a number from 54-5454 for your entry.
You can also play and not participate in the drawing
Random.org will be used to draw 1 number from 54-5454. Whose's ever is closest win.
Must own at least 1 of my lights to participate.
Free shipping USA
I reserve the right to change rules and prize anytime I want
I have full control over the giveaway

Start Date: Now
End Date: TBD

Last edited:

Rasher

Enlightened
  • Reread all three volumes of The Feyman Lectures on Physics, doing all of the exercises in the accompanying book. Because my physics has gotten too rough.
  • I'll take breathing underwater. I can already see in pitch dark: I have flashlights! But being able to spend time in the sea exploring flora and fauna would be cool.
  • Perfect health. Because I have plenty of shekels already.
  • Number pick:1234

Last edited:

Strintguy

Enlightened
1. Expand my business to include volunteer and charity work
2. Breath underwater for sure; I live near the ocean
3. Health; the only thing you can't buy when it's gone

Thanks Vinh

Last edited:
1. Learn Franz Liszt's La Campanella on piano, because it contains difficult patterns and technical feats that will force me to improve my abilities as a musician. Always wanted to learn it but never had the time... now I'll make the time!
2. Definitely breathing under water... very rarely is it legitimately pitch dark, thanks to the moon, windows at night, ambient light, and FLASHLIGHTS! Plus I can't swim, and I almost drowned once on a vacation in Hawaii, which was terrifying and I never want to experience again.
3. 1 Million USD, because perfect health can only help me, but it can't help my aging parents who would greatly benefit in their health and contentment with less financial struggles. I'm still young and have many more years of (probably) good health. And I could still die perfect health or not, from any number of atrocities which these days seems quite likely... natural disasters.. car accidents... active shooters and criminals in general.

Number: 3498

Thank you vinh, you're awesome!

see level

Enlightened
Plant a lot more bananas and papayas around my yard. They are something that could be eaten everyday.
Definitely breathing underwater. I live near the ocean and if I could breathe underwater I might turn into a fish.
Perfect health. All the money in the world wouldn't matter if you aren't healthy.
Number 1029 😉

Last edited:

peabody

Enlightened
Loose some weight and start eating better. Would like to get off bp meds.
If the seeing in the dark would improve my eyes I would definitely take that over breathing under water. Eye sight is one of the most important things to me.
Being in my mid 60s the health wouldn't mean as much to me as being able to help family out monetarily.

Start exercising regularly. Hopefully so I can avoid taking cholesterol lowering meds.

Would love to be able to see during the total absence of light. Many years back I was on the top floor of an 11 story building when the power went out. The fire escape was in the center of the building; therefore no windows. I could not see my hand in front of my face. I had to descend 22 flights of stairs all the while thinking that I could trip at any second and not be found for hours.

Show me the money! Perfect health until when? All things considered, I'd rather leave my family the money than a surprise ending. "He was in perfect health. No one saw this coming."

Thanks for the chance to play. 1157

~ Chance

dOhBJM8.jpg

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I gold my last my very Goliath today....It was a triple. I cant keep anything good formyself...What a collection you have. I too would take 1M instead of perfect health forever. who know when my time is up. I rather secure the well being of my family and others if I can. Also I am healthy now so I am crossing my finger ;-)

I would love to see in the dark. ;-)

This year goal is to fine tune and release Genesis.

Cheers!

Start exercising regularly. Hopefully so I can avoid taking cholesterol lowering meds.

Would love to be able to see during the total absence of light. Many years back I was on the top floor of an 11 story building when the power went out. The fire escape was in the center of the building; therefore no windows. I could not see my hand in front of my face. I had to descend 22 flights of stairs all the while thinking that I could trip at any second and not be found for hours.

Show me the money! Perfect health until when? All things considered, I'd rather leave my family the money than a surprise ending. "He was in perfect health. No one saw this coming."

Thanks for the chance to play. 1157

~ Chance

dOhBJM8.jpg

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Must own at least 5 of my lights to participate.

Damn, so close! Maybe by next year..... Good luck to all!

1. Goal for 2019- Read at least 3 books. I have all but stopped reading books, I need to change this. Another fella above is re-reading his Feynman lectures, that's not a bad idea!

2. See in the dark, I think. I'm not big on water, and most of the water I'm near would kill you with how cold it is.....

3. I have LOTS of health issues, I don't think I could put a price on a week without Type 1 IDDM. I'd take perfect health, it would save me about that amount of money in a decade or two anyways. The freedom it would bring is just unparalleled by money.

4. Why is this interesting? I'm doing the lowest sub-lumen runtime challenge on a Zebralight SC62w! Gonna see if we can get a year on .01 lumens :)

https://www.imgur.com/DAKzfpS

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lose 20 pounds
Breath under water (it would be a cool trick at parties plus V54 guys can already see in the dark ;-)
Perfect health (If you don't have your health it's difficult to enjoy life)

Lose 20 pounds
Breath under water (it would be a cool trick at parties plus V54 guys can already see in the dark ;-)
Perfect health (If you don't have your health it's difficult to enjoy life)

:laughing: Cool trick at parties. Yes, you'd be different...... How'd that work out for Jonathan Livingston Seagull? :p

~ Chance

Renegadethreads

Newly Enlightened
  • More exercise, lose 40lbs
  • Breath underwater because I already have the dark covered
  • $$$ over health for an unknown amount of time because financial freedom to live life fully now over longevity of working it away
  • Radio volume knob black flaked off over 8 years and annoyed me. So, found a nice upgrade to correct.
    20190118-150051.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't read that book so once again I don't get the joke. :shrug::laughing:

Don't bother, it's New Age nonsense. As far as the joke, Jonathan finds a red ribbon at the dump. He adorns himself with it because he thinks it makes him look different than the other seagulls. They join together and try to kill him. What do you think drunk party-goers reaction will be when they see you breathing under water?

:eeksign:.....:dedhorse:

~ Chance

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that didn't take long, I own 5 now, I'd love to officially enter the GAW! Number 1311.

Excited for my V2 CRI Goliath!

edit- forgot the number! :oops:

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
• Id like to lose about 40 pounds. I used to bodybuild and got hurt when I started powerlifting. After my surgery my body was used to 4000 calories a day but burning it off instantly. Well, without the working out I was doing the metabolism died and I just kept gaining weight. Time to turn that around so I can watch my little girls grow up.

• I'm not around water enough for waterbreathing to be of any use so seeing in pitch black would be nice. Would make hunting interesting!

• 1 million cash. I can't leave my good health to my babies. It'd always be nice to have a little extra in the nest egg!