It's been a year...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it has been a year since Henry told me to "put up or shut up" on our way to SHOT show in the car and we partnered up (not in a one of us is wearing a dress way, which is fine if you are into that... I'm not judging, but this isn't that kind of partnership).

We are out of 18650 Rotary tubes, and probably will be for quite some time... delays are something I was really hoping to put a stop to. I now feel Henry's pain, and am developing a poor attitude regarding machinists and time. I'm thinking there must not be calendars in the machine shops, and if there are, our machinists are not looking at them. I blame political correctness. When I was young and full of **** and vinegar, we had girly calendars in the garage I worked in. Looked at them every chance I got... though, I guess it didn't help me figure out the date, but I digress.

Titanium lights are delayed. Read above. At least it shouldn't be long delay... Well, it took 9 years to convince Henry to do another run of them, so I guess a month or two delay isn't that huge... but it still bothers the ****ens out of me.

We have seen a few changes at HDS over the last year and I hope we continue to see more over the next year.

We now have our own corner on CPF (I still think this was punishment for me being a crotchety old *******) but here we are... enough reading to make Tolstoy's "War and Peace" seem like a short story.

Just wanted to give a thanks to you all (even you lurkers... yes, we know you are out there by looking at the post counts). If it were not for the HDS customers, I would probably be cleaning up human vomit in some hospital instead of cleaning up puppy vomit tonight at home... I'm not sure I made the right choice, but thank you anyway (and yes, I cleaned up the puppy spew with an HDS High Noon in my hand so I could find all the chunks).

I realize that sometimes my humor can be offensive and I may have stepped on some toes this last year. If I didn't offend you... well, just be patient, I may get to it this year.

ven

Flashaholic
Your humour is great and often makes me grin! Congrats on the year and hope you used your HDS UV ,to double check up after the puppy spew:poke:

Nimitz68

Enlightened
I love reading your posts, as they always make me laugh. I also love my High Noon HDS rotary. It is hands down one of my favorite lights. I also am happy that I bought an 18650 rotary tube last year.:thumbsup:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing I've learned in the past year is that if you're going to invest in HDS products, you can't be in a hurry. Once you accept that, life is peaceful. Sure, you could go and buy some other ready made brand, but it just wouldn't be the same. These lights are worth the wait. Thanks for the update. I don't have a Ti on order, but I'm following the topic closely, anticipating the release of more (Al) Nichia options.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great post and glad you joined HDS!

You made an excellent choice when you partnered with Henry. I had entered into the flash light enthusiasts arena somewhere back in 2012 because my Maglite just was not dependable or bright. Over that time I have owned many different brands of lights including Fenix, Thrunite, Olight, Maratac, and probably some others. Only when I found HDS did I realize it was something very special. The HDS light is the pinnacle of flash lights with its durability, form, function, and ability to program the settings in many, many different ways. Not a single flash light on the market today even comes close to the HDS light.

You probably realized the uniqueness of the HDS flash light early on. Once a person finds the HDS, they have to have more than one. Since I purchased my first HDS Tactical flash light in 2014 I followed that up with five (5) more HDS lights including:

> Nichia 219b high CRI 4000K Executive,
> Nichia 219b High CRI 4000K Rotary,
> Nichia 219b High CRI 4500K Executive,
> UV Executive,
> and yesterday, a Nichia 219C High CRI 5700K Executive.

A few of those lights above I purchased because you found some unique LED emitters.

Then, of course, is the natural cross sell opportunity with Thors Hammer Custom Leather Holsters. I believe I worked with you to design and create almost a dozen of them. What a spectacular adventure. Now I have flash lights and flash light holsters that are unique and in many cases one of a kind. You cannot get this stuff off the shelf!

I look forward to even more unique offerings in the future from you and Henry! Great work!

ven

Flashaholic
and not even a single pic of a HDS so far.......

6FGnLT4l.jpg

Built for tough

Last edited:

SleepyInTheSun

Newly Enlightened
As one who didn't encounter the HDS world pre Hogo I have no basis for comparison but I enjoy your sense of humor, even when I probably should be offended :)

As far as timelines, although I enjoy the convenience of a mass production consumer driven society as much as the next I take great pleasuring in discovering craftspeople that produce excellence and lay hands on the product themselves. I'm willing to wait for that process to happen. The openness that your posts bring here reminds us of the individuals behind the product and is worth a lot.

nbp

Flashaholic
I'll tip my frosty Yankee Buzzard American IPA to that! Cheers HDS makers and brothers! After 9 years and at least 10 HDSs I expect I'll be around here as long as Henry wants to make them.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been an awesome year for HDS with nice changes. You guys have a great team there.

I got to handle my first HDS by the passaround to see what gave it such a fanbase. Soon after I snagged my first Rotary and when the 4500k led came out, got my second.

I will say that cleaning up human vomit in the hospital is just a bit overrated. Puppy vomit is much cuter.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will say that cleaning up human vomit in the hospital is just a bit overrated. Puppy vomit is much cuter.

Yep. Poor girl projectile vomited off the bed, into the blinds, and down the side of the bed at 1 in the morning. Found out the girlfriend had given her some horseradish potato chips! WTF? We had words. She felt terrible (both the girlfriend and Geronimo). Everyone is all better now.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
HOGO I think you are a great addition to HDS systems. Henry with all his knowledge and experience is a great guy but your the pulse Of cpf and our lifeline to Henry. I'm sure without your input many things we have gotten over the last year would not of happened. Nothing at all against Henry it's just he's busy in his own world 😄 so I thank you for all your hard work you have done. 👍🏻

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
HOGO I think you are a great addition to HDS systems. Henry with all his knowledge and experience is a great guy but your the pulse Of cpf and our lifeline to Henry. I'm sure without your input many things we have gotten over the last year would not of happened. Nothing at all against Henry it's just he's busy in his own world  so I thank you for all your hard work you have done. 

Henry is really too busy to go on the forum... and honestly, he doesn't much like to. Some things drive him crazy. I will admit, I sometimes develop a large knob on my forehead when reading some posts, but I believe this is more due to me pounding my head on the table than actually reading the posts.

Fortunately, I delete more posts than I actually post most of the time. It keeps me from getting "time-outs" LOL!