SureFire to Announce New Lights at SHOT Show 2019

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
From SureFire's Facebook page:

SureFire will be showing brand new WeaponLights and handheld lights for the first time, at The 2019 National Shooting Sports Foundation | NSSF
SHOT show! In addition to illumination tools, the SureFire Suppressors & Weapons Division will be launching brand new products at the show.

To see the best in illumination tools, suppressors, and tactical products, stop by the SureFire booth (#13968), located on the second level of the main hall of the Sands Expo Center during the 2019 NSSF SHOT Show, January 22– 25.

Also, the 2019 SureFire catalogs should traditionally appear around this time online and in print.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's an announcement of an XR1 WeaponLight:

NEW 600-Lumen SureFire XR1 Compact WeaponLight

Fountain Valley, CA—SureFire, LLC, manufacturer of the world's finest — and most innovative — illumination tools and tactical products, is proud to announce the new, rechargeable XR1, a quantum leap forward in SureFire's ultra-compact WeaponLight series.

The XR1 delivers twice the lumen output of our XC WeaponLights. Its recoil-proof LED produces 600 lumens to a distance of 80 meters, while SureFire's MaxVision Beam® technology ensures a smooth, rounded beam that is optimized for the human eye, with plenty of surround light for ideal situational awareness. A computer-style magnetic recharging port makes refueling the XR1's integrated battery simple and convenient without requiring removal from the weapon. Weighing just 2.2 ounces, the XR1 features a Mil-Spec hard-anodized aerospace aluminum body that's durable enough for everyday carry, with a footprint that is nearly identical to the SureFire XC2 WeaponLight. A new rail mount features four points of contact for an added measure of redundancy and security when mounted to a weapon.

Small, lightweight and powerful, the XR1 is an ideal WeaponLight for concealed carry use.

A picture of the XR1 here:

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/01/21/new-600-lumen-surefire-xr1-compact-weaponlight/

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Vox, it's near impossible to read the bottom of what you posted on some platforms. I am not sure if it is due to you using a coloured font or what but, I can not see it?

https://i.imgur.com/b5fVJSI.jpg

I did find the link though and am not a fan of integrated batteries. It especially seams like a bad idea on a WML. Come on SF we have enough companies making gimmicky crap.

Arrg... The wait is killing me. Can't wait to see the new SF's. Hopefully they made some nice products and not just more plastic garbage with integrated batteries(just my opinion).

Last edited:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the spiel on the XVL2:

SureFire is proud to announce the revolutionary new XVL2 WeaponLight and laser. The XVL2 was developed at the request of special operations customers and is the result of years of R&D. Compact, lightweight, and optimized for use with handguns and PDW's, the XVL2 features a 400-lumen white light LED, a 300mW infrared illuminator, and both infrared and green aiming lasers co-aligned and slaved together for ease of zeroing in one simple step. Available in a civilian-legal Class I version as well as a full-power, restricted Class IIIb model for Military and Law Enforcement, the XVL2 utilizes the same proven switching as our X300 series of lights, and can be ambidextrously activated in both momentary and constant-on modes. A mode selector dial allows the selection of illumination and/or aiming lasers, as well as a low-power training setting on the full-power, restricted MIL/LE version. All this capability is powered by a single 123A battery that can be changed from the front, eliminating the need to remove or re-zero the device.

Here is a table with the Food and Drug Administration laser safety categories mentioned above:

http://www.lasersafetyfacts.com/resources/Spreadsheet---laser-classes.pdf

I did find the link though and am not a fan of integrated batteries. It especially seams like a bad idea on a WML. Come on SF we have enough companies making gimmicky crap.

Arrg... The wait is killing me. Can't wait to see the new SF's. Hopefully they made some nice products and not just more plastic garbage with integrated batteries(just my opinion).

And it sure seems like SureFire said to never use rechargeable batteries for tactical use. Maybe this XR1 handgun light is for casual shooting. ;)

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it doesn't make sense to have rechargeable non-replaceable batteries in gun lights. The battery will sit unused unless you are shooting every day at night and it will loose capacity over time (even if you are not using it at all). I should be able to put a fresh battery any time and not wait until it charges (and of course you can use replaceable rechargeable batteries). I think SF had to use non-standard rechargeable batteries due to the small space they have to work with. But I would probably rather sacrifices some lumens and small dimensions and have a CR123A (or 2)...

Chadder

Enlightened
I have been on YouTube three times today searching for videos of Surefire's booth at shot show. I know there are members of CPF there. Why was it not their first stop?? What kind of flashaholic are they?? LOL Hopefully there will be videos soon!

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also for the XR1:

A computer-style magnetic recharging port makes refueling the XR1's integrated battery simple and convenient without requiring removal from the weapon.

I sure hope the light doesn't need some proprietary cable and charger. :ohgeez:That will be the first thing lost when you travel from my experience.

Most small devices of the modern era seem to use the ubiquitous micro-USB connection for charging. If you lose a cable or charger you can buy or borrow one anywhere in the world. Remember how a few years ago every cell phone needed its own charger?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I am pretty sure this won't sell well. It's like Surefire is trying to compete with the toys that Olight makes. They should stick to making actual tools imo and leave the airsoft toys to the offshore companies.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire is announcing a Stiletto Pro sealed rechargeable aluminum body light to compliment the plastic, uh I mean polymer, Stiletto. The Stiletto Pro puts out 1000 lumens.

Also, to accompany the rechargeable XR1 WeaponLight, the XR2 will have a Class IIIa (< 5mw) red or green laser in the same small package.

The new XH55 is similar to the XH35 handgun holster light with a red or green Class IIIa laser.

An XC2-IRC will update the XC2 WeaponLight with a Class I infra-red laser for use with NVG's.

A 1500 lumen dual-fuel Fury Intellibeam is added to the lineup.

As always, one question will be how long is the Surefire lifetime warranty on these sealed rechargeable lights? :confused:

Nephron44

Enlightened
I sure hope there are more handhelds than just variants of the Stiletto and Fury DF...

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure hope there are more handhelds than just variants of the Stiletto and Fury DF...

I agree. It's like SF started making good lights again and now are going off on another garbage tangent. And, just when we thought they were getting back to their roots😔.

Hopefully there will be some new E-Series lights.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire is announcing a Stiletto Pro sealed rechargeable aluminum body light to compliment the plastic, uh I mean polymer, Stiletto. The Stiletto Pro puts out 1000 lumens.

Also, to accompany the rechargeable XR1 WeaponLight, the XR2 will have a Class IIIa (< 5mw) red or green laser in the same small package.

The new XH55 is similar to the XH35 handgun holster light with a red or green Class IIIa laser.

An XC2-IRC will update the XC2 WeaponLight with a Class I infra-red laser for use with NVG's.

A 1500 lumen dual-fuel Fury Intellibeam is added to the lineup.

As always, one question will be how long is the Surefire lifetime warranty on these sealed rechargeable lights? :confused:

Thank's for the info Vox👍.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank's for the info Vox.

You are welcome. :thumbsup:

On the replaceable rechargeable battery front SF is offering an 18650 with a micro-USB charging port on the battery itself. It's already on the surefire.com website. I don't see any of the new lights up on the site yet though.

Nephron44

Enlightened
You are welcome. :thumbsup:

On the replaceable rechargeable battery front SF is offering an 18650 with a micro-USB charging port on the battery itself. It's already on the surefire.com website. I don't see any of the new lights up on the site yet though.

Too bad Streamlight beat them to it :( I'm still hoping to see some EDCable innovation!

Nephron44

Enlightened

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been dying to try Intellibeam. Maybe this Fury will be the one I buy.

The Surefire Fury IB DF is already up on B and H's site showing back-ordered. Several of the other new SF lights including the XVL2 are listed there as well.

Hopefully there will be some new E-Series lights.

I'd sure like to be surprised by some SF SHOT announcements this year as well. In years past SF would announce 'concept lights' with lots of bells and whistles like a four-way tailcap button or programmability through a computer dongle. Many of these lights never made it into production.

The lights I'm hearing about this year seem to be mostly evolutionary refinements of earlier designs.

I guess you could call the aluminum body on the Stiletto Pro an innovation for a sealed 'disposable' flashlight.