• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

FourSevens Goliath V2 - Best 123 Thrower

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
  • Factory Link Here
  • Best throw for the size!
  • Excellent beam and 6500K tint
  • Focused defined hot spot
  • IMR16340 Recommended
  • White1 = ~ 600L, 50Kcd, 447m
  • White2 ? ;-)
  • $118 Single Mode, $150 DriverVN2

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
All that ordered the Single Mode version should have gotten a $7 refund and those that ordered the VN2 version should have gotten $10 refund. I was able to order in bulk and saved.

All that ordered the Single Mode version should have gotten a $7 refund and those that ordered the VN2 version should have gotten $10 refund. I was able to order in bulk and saved.

Thank you you for the very kind refund! You really deserve to keep it for yourself though, hopefully you saved a little of the savings for a little extra personal profit friend! :)

Dio

Newly Enlightened
Thank you you for the very kind refund! You really deserve to keep it for yourself though, hopefully you saved a little of the savings for a little extra personal profit friend! :)

Vinh is a very charitable and determined guy and if he did pocket any extra savings, I would be happy knowing it will likely end up providing a little extra comfort while his own lights' development and production try to bleed him dry. Or he'd just help the groups of disadvantaged people who he already helps a ton!

I suspect Vinh is simply employing proper business ethics too. Profit margin is X so customers only pay Y so he maintains that margin. No more and no less money than is needed for either party to be satisfied was how it used to be. Now there's just a greed overload unfortunately. I'm certainly not accusing the person I quoted of being greedy but it highlights modern sentiments and ways of thinking that portray the whole 'take advantage of your fellow man when possible' ethos to a tee. It's really quite sad it's running in a lot of peoples' subconsciousness.

Last edited:
So who else is super hype about this light?!

Never been so excited before haha. So small yet so throwy!! Can't wait till I get it in my hands hehe.

Anyone who owns the old version Goliath also buying this new and improved version with W1 instead of the old Olson black? Looking forward to hearing your impressions since I never was able to buy the old one.

Rasher

Enlightened
So who else is super hype about this light?!

Never been so excited before haha. So small yet so throwy!! Can't wait till I get it in my hands hehe.

Anyone who owns the old version Goliath also buying this new and improved version with W1 instead of the old Olson black? Looking forward to hearing your impressions since I never was able to buy the old one.
Yeah, got a bunch of the old Goliath in various forms, looking forward to see how the new one feels/performs, I ordered within minutes of it appearing on the store, so s/b here soon.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Lights are on its way. Beam shots should be just like the original but who knows. I will take some though. I got a couple of spots left. It was a one time bulk discount deal. Not sure if I can get more. If I cant the prices will be $10 higher later.

Interesting... so Oslon black is still viable, rather than replaced...? In what circumstances would an Oslon prove to offer better throw? Any particular example? I figured W1 replaced it and was better since it seems all your new offerings only have W1/2 for throw instead of black flat.

I hope someone who bought the Goliath V1 with Oslon will also buy this Goliath V2 with W1 and show a few side by side beams hits on a white wall and distance shot. Would really be enlightening.

Rasher

Enlightened
I hope someone who bought the Goliath V1 with Oslon will also buy this Goliath V2 with W1 and show a few side by side beams hits on a white wall and distance shot. Would really be enlightening.
Guilty as charged. I can't be bothered to take photos, I'm crap at anything other than micro and astro photography anyway, but I'll certainly give a text opinion. I expect they're going to be pretty similar. Just glad the new model came out, gives opportunity to others to have one of the benchmarks for small throwers with "wow" factor.

A stock MiNi MKIII arrives from Foursevens tomorrow. I'm going to cross my fingers and hold out for a stainless steel Goliath V2 from vinh.

~ Chance

ddM9eRm.jpg

V2 just doesn't look very good in photos. I sure hope I grow into it.

I agree, the aesthetics and body shape are less than desirable... ugly tail end in my opinion, but as far as sheer throw for head size diameter... never seen anything quite like it spec-wise at a decent entry price!

Nice! Can't wait to see it at night ;] Not sure why they decided to make the ring around the magnet a gold color though... silver or black would've been better looking IMO.. good thing I'll be using it in the dark lol!