Zebralight SC600w Mk IV HI or Plus?

CC268

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot]I've got a Zebralight SC64c LE on order, but it has about a 3-4 week lead time. I was looking at the SC600s as well and figured I might as well pickup one of these as well. Both the HI and Plus models are in stock.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I really like the extra output of the Plus. From the videos I have seen, the Plus is much brighter than the HI. That said, most folks seem to prefer the throw of the HI. I don't necessarily want to overlap too much with the SC64c LE I just ordered.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I also plan to pickup a Zebralight H600Fc Mk IV headlamp as well (also on backorder).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So if I were to have the SC64c LE and H600Fc Mk IV headlamp in hand today, which SC600 model would you go with and why? HI or PLUS?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks![/FONT]

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you plan to carry the SC64 with you, then get the 600w HI. It will give you some nice throw. The 600w Plus is basically a brighter SC64, and a bit more floody too. It definitely has its purpose (I use one for cycling), but the HI will overlap less with the SC64. I think the SC600w HI is a really nice outdoor light, especially for wide open spaces.

ven

Flashaholic
The HI is a great light, nice 4500k on the eye. But choice between a plus and HI does not work for me. They are different enough to easily justify both. So to pick, decide if your preference this time is geared towards some throw, or more maybe towards flood. The plus punches out a good way still thanks to the high output. But the HI has a defined hot spot in comparison.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the real question is "how do you intend to use the light?"

If you mostly use it indoors or for looking at stuff at short-range the Plus is a much better choice. It has a much broader hotspot and brighter spill. Also the difference in brightness between the hotspot and spill isn't so abrupt or sharp.

However, if you intend to use the light outdoors for looking at stuff in the distance, then get the HI... it has much more throw.

I own a SC600w III HI and SC600w IV Plus. Since I mostly use my lights at short-range, I find the Plus to be much better for my needs.