HDS Action Light

nbp

Flashaholic
There hasn't been a new Action Light thread in about 15 years, so I thought it was time to start one. :D

I am very grateful to have been able to acquire one recently and I'd like to post a few pics. I would love if you other folks who have one of these neat little pieces of HDS history tucked away shared yours too. :)

IMG_5527_zpshdthxfir.jpg

IMG_5526_zpszvihmlnb.jpg

IMG_5528_zpscue8oil2.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
It does power up still on the 3 levels, but eventually I may order a new battery for it since the one in it is quite old. I would hate for it to leak, even if unlikely.

nbp

Flashaholic
Since its usage will probably be measured in minutes per year, rechargeables don't really make sense for my needs. I can buy one of those funky D cells every half decade. The cell in there now has been inside for 18 years... ;)

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
@nbp

It is a nice catch this action light. I was also thinking about bidding on it but at least, adding the shipping on it and everything was it not worth to me. It is a great collectible and piece of history! Congratulations to this cool light!:twothumbs

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
That light is like a leathery old man that just refuses to die. I love it. Do get another battery and extend its life by a few more decades.