• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Klarus 360X1vn & 360X3vn - Best Tactical

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
$100 360X1vn
Stock XHP35 HD 6500K 1200L, 31Kcd, 352m

$120 360X3vn

Stock 70.2 6500K 3100L, 22Kcd, 297m

UI Demo Video

• Fat body for 18650
  • Stiff center clickies to fully engage - Momentary press is lighter
  • Stiff secondary 360 switch pad
  • Built in USB Charging
  • Grippy body rubber sleeve
  • 18650 Included
  • 70.2 = Perfect Beam
  • XHP35 HD = artifact in middle of hot spot
  • XHP35 HI = slight donut hole effect
  • Not a fan of the 360X1vn but 360X3vn is my dream tactical

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gentleman, the klarus 360x3 is fantastic! I have the stock version and I love it. It's one of those hidden gem lights that arnt receiving any love kinda light. Feels great in hand and super good UI. Wish it had a lower low though. Quite smaller than you would think too.

Oh Vinh, what are your vn versions gonna be like? Any current boost or driver change?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Gentleman, the klarus 360x3 is fantastic! I have the stock version and I love it. It's one of those hidden gem lights that arnt receiving any love kinda light. Feels great in hand and super good UI. Wish it had a lower low though. Quite smaller than you would think too.

Oh Vinh, what are your vn versions gonna be like? Any current boost or driver change?

I thought about boosting it a bit but I decided against it. LED swapped to match specific tsetse only. Its a tactical light. Lets maximize reliability. Couple of extra hundred lumen wont be much on a light that is very bright.

Rasher

Enlightened
Any idea what the step-down time is under turbo (for the X3)? Is this a 1 minute kind of thing, or can it actually hold it for a decent duration?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Any idea what the step-down time is under turbo (for the X3)? Is this a 1 minute kind of thing, or can it actually hold it for a decent duration?

I can give you a big discount on one if you are willing do some Turbo runtime tests ;-)
I have way too much on my plate to ever do any runtime tests on any lights LOL

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Great Rasher will test the 4000K Turbo for us. If u want go ahead and torture test it. If it fail no charge on the light.

Rasher

Enlightened
Great Rasher will test the 4000K Turbo for us. If u want go ahead and torture test it. If it fail no charge on the light.
Well, I'll gladly do some drop tests on to lightly-padded board, water test, freezer test, etc., but I'm not going to throw it on a sidewalk - I do plan to actually use it afterward!
But happy to carry it constantly for a few weeks, do the above, then do runtime observations after it's broken in. Should be interesting!

Update:

So, I've been carrying this around daily for a while, and have done multiple drops from waist height on to lightly carpeted floor with light at various angles. No ill effects so far, not a mark on the light. Freezer and water tests were passed with flying colors (not surprised).

I really like the beam shape and tint with Vinh's 4000k option. Things at throw distance really pop, colors are closer to reality than my cooler tint lights.

I love the interface for a "tactical" use. There is no question what mode I'm going to invoke when I pick the press I'm going to use. Certainly my favorite "tactical" interface of my lights that are labeled as such.

The rubberized body makes for easy grip and hold: this light will not fall from my hand even with a fairly relaxed grip. Light feels very well built.

Output is good. I have not metered it yet (that's planned after torture testing), but to my eyes step-down when walking in cool night seems gradual and minimal.

So far, so very good. I'm impressed at the value here.

Last edited: