Looking for advice on a couple cars i'm invested in

JasonOk

Newly Enlightened
1st vehicle is 2008 infinity g37 need a good source for hid ballast, dealer wants to sell the whole headlamp assembly as a ballast replacement, granted considering the age thats probably justified in most cases; however this car is in particularly pristine condition and owner can't justify the expense to replace the headlamps at roughly 3000$ right now.
2nd vehicle is 2016 mazda cx-5 apparently it has the led adadaptive headlamps, concern/question here is they are way too blue for my liking is there any way to change this? Anybody making anything for these yet?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
You're right, looks like Nissan isn't interested in selling just the ballast, they want to sell the whole headlamp. Unfortunately, that means you have to try your luck with probably-knockoff lookalikes like this one (be sure to keep/transfer the O-ring seal when installing the new ballast).

There is really no practical way to change the color of your Mazda's LED headlamps. Yes, they're very blue, the marketers and stylists like it that way, so the engineers get shouted down about it.

JasonOk

Newly Enlightened
Thanks virgil i find comfort in the Panasonic label on some of those ballasts, same ones i've been looking at...good news is the lady should be happy with a new ballast and upgraded d2s bulbs.
I suppose on the mazda those lights being led are expected to last the life of the car and not need replacing.
If this changes i can only hope that one of the preferred makers will offer a lower color temp option......