First discharge, GP Recyko+, 1300 mAh.

SweD

Newly Enlightened
Hi, just some data points to keep in the archives. :-D
Got a pack of 4 green GP Recyko+, AA, 1300 mAh cells, given to me.

I'm not able to decipher what I would interpret as a date code, anywhere, there's the "2217-2548" under one of the symbols, but the same for a different pack, so either that's week 22 of 2017, or something else, and cut into the sleeve there's a "GP MM" stamped.

Either way, out of the pack, discharge at 300 mA, they come in at:

1: 1143 mAh
2: 1166 mAh
3: 1169 mAh
4: 1146 mAh

Very decent and consistent, out of the pack, I'd say, but only time will tell how they stack up after the cycles get put on them. I've rarely had good experiences with the older GP HSD's so rather pleasantly surprised at first glance.

/Dennis

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was skeptical at first, having been a fan of Eneloops for years. I tried them out for a few cycles and was impressed enough to try my version of a side by side test:
3 sets of identical lights, used two at a time, one with an Eneloop & one with a Recyko. I was surprised that they not only matched the Eneloop performance, but in 2 of the three pairs did better than the Eneloops. Since I have around 120 standard Eneloops, plus a bunch of Eneloop Pros, it will take quite a while to change over, but I am not buying any more Eneloops for now and as my Four Sevens MK III Preon Collection grows, so will my GP Recyko Collection. Plus, the name fits me well....CrazyEddie(admittedly a little Psyko to start with), as I get older and repeat myself that Makes me "Recyko"...[emoji16][emoji41]

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still using Eneloops I bought back in 2006, and they work well with only a slight loss of capacity over the past 12+ years.

Come back in the 2030's and give an update on how those GP Recyko's are doing.

AA Cycler

Newly Enlightened
I was skeptical at first, having been a fan of Eneloops for years. I tried them out for a few cycles and was impressed enough to try my version of a side by side test:
3 sets of identical lights, used two at a time, one with an Eneloop & one with a Recyko. I was surprised that they not only matched the Eneloop performance, but in 2 of the three pairs did better than the Eneloops. Since I have around 120 standard Eneloops, plus a bunch of Eneloop Pros, it will take quite a while to change over, but I am not buying any more Eneloops for now and as my Four Sevens MK III Preon Collection grows, so will my GP Recyko Collection. Plus, the name fits me well....CrazyEddie(admittedly a little Psyko to start with), as I get older and repeat myself that Makes me "Recyko"...[emoji16][emoji41]

120 standard eneloops, that will last a while :)

I also like the GP ReCyko+ 210AAHC cells, I think they are the 2nd best NiMH cells right after the standard Eneloops. If I was to put some numbers on them I would say Eneloops will do 1820 mAh 370 times, GP ReCyko+ 210AAHCs will do 1985 mAh 280 times. With GP ReCyko+ you get 10% more capacity, but 25% less cycle count. But if you are after capacity (runtime) then who cares, right? :)

As far as the original post goes - I would rank the 1300mAh GP ReCyko+ cells (130AAHC) for 1150 mAh 490 times...

Cheers,
AA Cycler

Last edited:

Nev

Banned
Hi, just some data points to keep in the archives. :-D
Got a pack of 4 green GP Recyko+, AA, 1300 mAh cells, given to me.

I'm not able to decipher what I would interpret as a date code, anywhere, there's the "2217-2548" under one of the symbols, but the same for a different pack, so either that's week 22 of 2017, or something else, and cut into the sleeve there's a "GP MM" stamped.

Either way, out of the pack, discharge at 300 mA, they come in at:

1: 1143 mAh
2: 1166 mAh
3: 1169 mAh
4: 1146 mAh

Very decent and consistent, out of the pack, I'd say, but only time will tell how they stack up after the cycles get put on them. I've rarely had good experiences with the older GP HSD's so rather pleasantly surprised at first glance.

/Dennis

That's pretty poor for AA's considering standard eneloops are 1800mah, did you really mean AAA's ?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty poor for AA's considering standard eneloops are 1800mah, did you really mean AAA's ?

No, I think he meant 1300mAh, but they test a little low. They must be a cheap option for AA NiMH cells. I think GP has higher mAh cells.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
They for sure have higher mah cells. I forget If they are 2000 or 2100s and dont feel like going to get them at this exact moment, but they are around there. Seem like good cells from my usage. I know energizer makes 1300s as well as ive found some in box full of dead alkies at work. Charged em up and they work fine but are noticeably lower capacity, obviosuly.

SweD

Newly Enlightened
No, I think he meant 1300mAh, but they test a little low. They must be a cheap option for AA NiMH cells. I think GP has higher mAh cells.

I absolutely mean 1300 mAh, and I do mean AA. :-D
I didn't think it bad to test the way they did out of the pack, I have since run them through a few cycles, just to get them going and test, and they come in as:

1: 1330 mAh
2: 1348 mAh
3: 1364 mAh
4: 1331 mAh

Now only time will tell how well they hold up over time ...

SweD

Newly Enlightened
I'm still using Eneloops I bought back in 2006, and they work well with only a slight loss of capacity over the past 12+ years.

Come back in the 2030's and give an update on how those GP Recyko's are doing.

That will probably not happen, reading the data sheet from GP themselves, the cells are guaranteed for either 6 years, or 300 recharges, whichever comes first, just happened to see it just now.
Appears to be the same regardless of model of the cells, so not built for long term use, but plenty good enough regardless, dependant on how often you have to charge. :)

/Dennis