Where to buy UCL glass lenses nowadays?

fyrstormer

Banned
I went back to FlashlightLens.com for the first time in years, and I see their stock has dwindled significantly. They now have a big gap in their inventory right around the size of Surefire lenses, ~28.6mm. I need a 28.6mm x ~0.9mm UCL lens for one of my flashlights that came with a plastic lens (not a Surefire). Where can I buy good lenses nowadays?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a long time since I owned a Mini Maglite, but don't they have glass lenses that thin? Anyway I've never broken a flashlight lens in my life.

The Mags I owned were all plastic lenses. Crap lenses for sure, but perhaps they were used to make sure they didn't break easily. Okay, probably just because they were cheap.

Lumen83

Enlightened
I had to buy a thinner lens than factory for an e series from flashlightlens.com. I replaced that little rubber lens gasket or whatever you would call it with a thicker o ring. Its not perfect and probably is less durable but it works.

Scourie

Enlightened
I usually go to the auction site and search for "flat watch lens XXmm" if I need a lens. It won't be coated, but it lets light through!

fyrstormer

Banned
Yeah, I ended up buying a wristwatch lens that was the right size. Unfortunately it already has a couple pinprick chips in it, just from banging against stuff in my pocket. I wouldn't have even noticed if I weren't so detail-oriented.

I think a proper UCL or Borofloat lens would be less prone to contact damage; I don't remember any of my UCL or Borofloat lenses chipping, anyway.