Expansion tube for Elzetta Alpha

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally it happened - I find this section of the forum)) I really like Alpha and the way it keeps its brightness at a high level for a long time without stepdown, like most other lanterns have it. But the time of work on 1 * 16340 did not suit me, so it was decided to make an extension tube for work with 1*16650. I had the opportunity to anodize, but bare aluminum looks better (silver and black) than two shades of black. High / low switch works fine. Perhaps the same effect can be obtained by using a flood lens in Bravo. I'll have to try sometime.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice stuff DS, did you have that made or is it one for a Surefire?
If it's a SF one did you shorten the tail threads? I think it's Elzetta that has shorter threads, or are they longer?
Anyway, glad the HiLo switch still works.
P

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I did it for myself, since for sale my friend-turner still cannot achieve a high surface quality, as do other artists and masters here (McGizmo and other). But he does not take much, only $ 7 apiece. We can made 1 or more pieces, if someone wants

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
Nice work!
Keen to do something like this for my Bravo. I've bored it, (properly) and am considering modding an old Solarforce L2 extension tube I have, so as to be able to run two 18650s. The only consideration is that Solarforce run their ID (internal diameter) at 18.85mm, whereas I like a snug fit for my Panasonic cells at 18.60mm. The 0.25mm difference is enough to introduce battery rattle, which annoys me no end.
I've jerry-rigged a twin-18650 scenario on the Bravo for testing, and at 900 lumens it's an absolute night-eating beast. The L2P with extension theoretically runs at a similar 850 lumens, and while it is still a very impressive light, the penetration distance just isn't the same. The Elzetta AVS head on full power is a beautiful thing. :drool: If it works out nicely, I'll post some pics here for y'all.